Gameplay Animation Lead - Battlefield Seattle Studio
Battlefield Seattle is focused on building rich, exciting stories with memorable characters and powerful experiences all in the Battlefield universe. We are building a new studio in the Seattle area composed of leaders and talent with a vast array of AAA game dev experience. As we assemble our diverse team, all who have a voice in making great games together, we're looking for a healthy mixture of tempered veterans and young passionate individuals eager to make a difference.
Role Overview: We are looking for a Gameplay Animation Lead to support a team of animators to craft immersive and exciting gameplay experiences in the Battlefield universe. You will lead with empathy as they focus on the needs of gameplay and seek opportunities for their team to push storytelling through gameplay animation.
• Ensure gameplay animation is responsive and immersive while aligning with design and narrative requirements.
• Collaborate with creative leads to identify character and narrative opportunities within gameplay animation and lead these systems with your team.
• Be comfortable prototyping and implementing gameplay animation using the Frostbite engine.
• Craft gameplay animation using hand key and motion capture data that matches the project's realistic style and quality benchmark.
• Experience with motion capture shoots, choreography, and animation asset tracking.
• Manage the day-to-day of your gameplay animators and support your team to do their best work in an inclusive environment.
• Organize regular feedback loops with your team to ensure the quality bar for animation is upheld.
• Research and discover new ways to work and improve our pipelines and workflows.
• 5 + years relevant experience
• Shipped at least 1 AAA title in a lead, principal, or senior role in gameplay animation
• Physical character animation skills with experience in weapon and vehicle animation
• Knowledge of gameplay systems and how animation interfaces with them, including engine implementation, state machines, and run-time systems.
• Experience working with mocap and participating in mocap shoots.
• Collaborative and communicative, bringing high emotional intelligence
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm9pe3-44-192-94-86-42 in your application.