Birmingham, United Kingdom
Codemasters are looking for a talented Senior Designer to join the development pit crew. F1® 2021 is the most comprehensive F1® game yet, putting players firmly in the driving seat as they race against the best drivers in the world. We will continue to build on the success that we have received from critics and fans alike and will strive to deliver the most exhilarating and authentic experiences imaginable. You could be part of this journey and beyond with this award-winning team!
Specialising in systems design, you will have the opportunity to design the game-systems for a holistic player journey, managing a huge array of content into coherent and engaging pathways to deliver a balanced and satisfying game experience. Your eye for detail and excellent design documentation skills will mean that you're able to share your vision with proactivity and credibility. Working in a tight-knit team with full leadership support, our dev cycle structure means that we are able to offer unrivalled bandwidth within the F1 franchise for new feature design and implementation as your career with us unfolds.
We'd love to talk to you if you have:-
• Games industry experience in a Senior or above Design role
• Great ''paper- design'' skills of the systems which underpin the game and career experience (rather than moment to moment gameplay)
• Meta gameplay – adding a new game mode for example
• Ability to come up with a specification and get the buy-in from the team
• Generate enthusiasm and confidence in bringing new ideas to a high-spec niche
• Beneath this your skills should also include strong written and verbal communication skills – you'll need this for the paper-design specs, and of course a passion for F1 and sports titles is naturally a big bonus
• Knowledge of using analytics to inform design decisions and direction
• Highly pragmatic and able to cut a swathe to get things done
• Experience of mentoring or managing a member of staff to some degree would be desirable but not essential
In return we provide:-
• Flexible working hours designed to fit around your life
• Significant benefits package including annual bonus scheme, private health care and dental cover for you and your family, enhanced pension scheme, employee discounted share scheme and much more!
• Dedicated training time for self-improvement
• 10 free games per year and a new console allowance!
• Incredible peer community of top-flight programmers in the games industry
Based in the heart of city-centre Birmingham, just minutes away from New Street, our beautiful studio is a hub of international creativity and design excellence year on year. If you have a passion for real-world sport and an understanding of licenced products you can truly hit the ground running with us. Longer term, we will support your passion for games design and work toward putting your own hallmark on future releases within the F1 family.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxnq7q-3-238-248-200-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.