Redwood City, CA
Location: EA Redwood Shores
At Maxis, we excel at outrageous thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We're trailblazers and great storytellers. But it's not just about amazing your peers – it's about amazing yourself and our fans. Take risks. Work with dazzling minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day. We are looking for someone with deep insights on how to create the best experience for our players.
Your role will be to support the continued iteration and development of Creative Tools prototypes. This will involve guiding cross-discipline groups toward a common defined vision and supporting efforts with design documents and implementation.
Working closely with XD, UXR and Production partners, you will use feedback and research insights gathered from these prototypes to prepare design documentation tasks. You will report into a Maxis Development Director.
• Develop Vision Documentation and then guiding cross-discipline groups toward the vision.
• Create design documentation to support prototyping efforts.
• Partner with DD to track tasks, identify risk, and clarify changes in work.
• Partner with UX to design, research, and implement features.
• Aid leadership in CMR and Gate requirements.
• Playtesting, attending UXR sessions and participating in organizing feedback'/insights.
• Significant Creative-Game Genre design experience, especially in the area of creation tools and customization mechanics.
• Capability to lead cross-discipline prototyping and idea iteration, actively participating in the development of a feature from start to finish.
• A good understanding of how content is built'/implemented for creative games. Hands on implementation or modding experience is a plus.
• Excited by and participating in new business'/distribution models like Subscription services and cross platform games.
• Knowledge in popular Sims Community mods and Custom Content would be ideal.
• Bonus includes familiarity with game streaming (ex: Twitch, Mixer)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.