This design position will be working on our EA Sports titles. The designer will maintain and balance the core and meta-game while creating, prototyping, and implementing gameplay features.
What a Designer does at EA:
• Deliver on the game vision as set by the Creative Director and Product Owner.
• Maintain all design aspects of a game-as-service through the entire project life cycle.
• Create innovative and engaging designs and prototypes while maintaining EA SPORTS' high standard of quality.
• Balance game with consideration to fun gameplay, player acquisition, monetization, and engagement.
• Retain original IP's core brand values and game experience within the service at all times.
• Communicate game design clearly and concisely.
• Inspire game team through progressive, creative design.
• Provide and receive critique in a constructive manner with suggestions and solutions for improvement.
• Remain current on industry trends including new game genres, new game design methods, and emerging platforms
The next great EA Designer - Gameplay needs:
• 5+ year's industry experience specifically in game design.
• Proven ability to conceptualize, create and implement game concepts using various tools and technology.
• Broad knowledge of, and passion for, the casual, mobile, or sports game genres.
• Knowledge of and enthusiasm for sports gaming
• Excellent creative, analytical, and organizational skills with proven ability to write, communicate and maintain detailed design documentation throughout the project life cycle.
• Demonstrative proof of an open-minded, progressive thinker who is flexible, energetic, and driven with the ability to overcome obstacles and challenges with working solutions.
• Thorough understanding of gameplay theories and interface design ability
• Superior communication skills with experience presenting visions both verbally and on paper.
• Professional experience with fitness or wellness or hardcore personal interest
• 3+ years minimum experience in a similar role
• Results orientated with strong documentation skills
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.