Director Of Engineering
Remote / Virtual
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group provides central services that help game teams to tap into the power of the global EA ecosystem. Compatible across multiple platforms and devices, our platform empowers teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our players. The EADP is the foundation on which EA's games are built. By providing reusable capabilities that game teams can easily integrate into their games, we allow them to focus on making incredible games. These building blocks are made up of high-level service platforms including Cloud, Commerce, Data and AI, Gameplay Services, Identity and Social.
The EA Digital Platform Data & AI Group develops new unified Big Data pipelines across all franchises at Electronic Arts. This platform will incorporate data collection, ingestion, processing, access and visualization all built on a modern, cloud-based tech stack with outstanding tools. The Data & AI Group will provide the tools and platform which powers the future of game development, marketing, sales, accounting and customer experience.
You will report to a Senior Manager of Software Engineering - EADP Data.
• Help build a unified platform across EA, extract and process massive data from spanning 20+ game studios, and use the insight to serve massive online requests
• Work with our PM and studio teams to determine feature specifications and build the next generation of unified data platform
• Implement web applications and interfaces using front-end technologies like React, HTML, and CSS
• Work with operations and infrastructure teams to build web services
• Develop reporting systems that inform on important metrics, detect anomalies, and forecast future results
• Develop complex queries to solve data mining problems
• Develop large-scale online platform to personalize player experience and provide reporting and feedback
• Write reliable and efficient programs to process and consume massive (petabyte) datasets with large clusters of machines
• Develop both SQL and NoSQL solutions
• Develop batch and real-time processing
• Work with data modelers, data analysts, and BI developers to understand requirements, develop ETL processes, validate results, and bring to production
*Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered*
• MS degree and 3+ years or BS and 5+ years of software development experience writing clean reusable code, test-driven development, and continuous integration
• Experience working with front-end technologies, front-end frameworks or user interface design.
• Fluency with an Object-oriented language including Java Or C++, and SQL, Python
• Fast prototyping skills, familiarity with scripting languages such as bash,awk, or python
• Experience with distributed system to serve massive concurrent requests
• Experience working with large-scale systems and data platforms/warehouses
• Experience working with columnar analytics databases or relational databases.
• Experience with data modeling and BI tools
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roepb4-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.