Machine Learning Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
(Location: Vancouver, Montreal, Orlando, Austin, Los Angeles, San Francisco preferred, but role could be open to other Canadian or US locations for the right candidate.)
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to provide outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing content and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
The EA Create Tools and Technology and Capture Development Teams are looking for accomplished people to help us fulfill our mission of providing creative tools and workflows that allow EA to lead the industry in content quality. Our group strives to build an ecosystem of modular components that are efficient, adjustable to trends and allow for quick iteration of any artistic idea into reality.
We pride ourselves on being a team of open-minded collaborators who want to build great solutions with our partners using honest and collaboration. We aim for excellence in all that we do, from the delivery of high-quality solutions to our culture of constant learning, to our passion for sharing and improving.
The Challenge Ahead:
As a Front-end Developer you will be part of a development team for a high-profile project that will affect EA as a whole. You will report to one of the Development Directors in Create Tools and Technology. You will work with the development team, user experience designer and external consultants to manage development of the front-end of the asset management system that will shape the way content providers work in EA.
• Architect and lead creative web projects applying modern web development best practices.
• Focus on quality and maintainability
• Implement features to specifications while working collaboratively with small team of back-end engineers, UX designers and taxonomist
• Provide scalable, extendable code
• Work within design systems
• Actively contribute to developer community
• Strong portfolio that supports desirable skills
• Experience with software engineering practices and complex systems
• Delivered several projects from start to finish.
• Be self-driven, self-motivated
• Experience providing simple UX in front of complex systems.
• Experience in one or two Frameworks (such as React, VUE, Angular), and protocols (Graph QL, Apollo, Rest)
• Experience with responsive web development
• Full-stack understanding, from UI in the front-end to databases in the back end.
• Familiar with testing frameworks
• Experience with source control. (i.e., Gitlab, Perforce)
• Be curious and good at learning things fast
• Great communication skills that support a collaborative working environment – excellent spoken and written English.
• Experience working in Agile/Scrum-based development environments.
• 5+ years' experience developing web applications.
Bonus if you have:
• Experience in/Passion for e-Commerce
• Experience in DAM systems
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp175x-44-192-253-106-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.