Full Time Job
Financial Control Manager - Eu Controllership
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Job DescriptionWe are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
The Controlling team supports statutory compliance and local and US GAAP reporting for local legal entities that are involved in the sale and distribution of packaged goods, studio development and other services, and corporate activities.
Key business partners to the group include FP&A teams, Finance shared services and non-Finance business partners.
The key objective of the group is to provide accurate and timely financial reporting, as required by local GAAP or SEC compliance (US GAAP) and maintain a high level of compliance locally in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a Team of Senior Accountants across different countries.
The role is preferably to be based in Lyon or Guildford. The position reports to the Finance Senior Manager based in Lyon, France.
As a manager, you will have a broad range of responsibilities directly and indirectly related to the monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes.
What a Financial Control Manager does at EA:
• Manage part of the Accounting Supervisors' Team within the Finance Hub in Lyon
• Ensure all legal entities and the related ledgers are in compliance with US and local regulations
• Supervise the work of the Accounting Supervisors to ensure Corporate Finance and Business teams' expectations are met
• Review tax accounting in each ledger and ensure compliance with local rules and transfer pricing agreements
• Follow-up on all deadlines for the ledgers in scope, provide assistance to the Accounting Supervisors to issue the statutory financial statements and liaise with the European compliance manager to update Corporate on the status of local compliance
• Ensure processes are streamlined
• Promote changes and propose improvements to the current processes
• Control and review of monthly financial close process; maintenance and control of GL procedure documents and close schedules
• Responsible for rigorously planning and controlling GL tasks to achieve demanding internal reporting deadlines
• Continuous improvement of the quality of financial reporting - both internal and external
• Provide a vocal, measured voice on behalf of Controlling to ensure interests are considered at early stages
• Ensure controlling activities are properly and timely documented, report any change in key processes to internal auditors and statutory auditors
• Perform quality review of deliverables from the Senior Accountants during month-end close and before key filings
• Responsible of the proactive recognition and resolution of financial control issues
• Seek continuous improvement of controls and processes, and comply with EA corporate requirements
• Responsible for hiring, training, coaching, developing, motivating, retaining, reviewing and addressing staff performance. Deliver quality feedback and coaching to drive higher performance and develop employees
• Lead in setting and measuring objectives for the team
• Contributes to the performance or development of finance employees outside of direct team
• Fluid and timely communication to management
The Ideal Candidate will require the following skills and experience:
• Qualified ACA or equivalent, with at least 6 years experience gained from working in a top tier professional services firm, potentially also supplemented with financial controlling experience within a multinational company post qualification
• Language skills: fluent professional English
• Strong compliance and internal controls experience – either through formal qualification or experience – and a willingness to ensure maintenance of an up-to-date technical awareness of relevant US GAAP, corporate governance and tax issues
• Ability to effectively communicate technical and general accounting issues to less qualified staff or non-finance staff and managers, both orally and in writing
• Strong time manager – clearly able to identify priorities, respond to stakeholders professionally and manage communications clearly at all times
• Impeccable personal integrity, team player and capable of representing the Finance team across EA and externally
• Previous management experience
• Aptitudes in project management
• Proactive and confident in identifying problems and offering solutions
• Assertive in resolving issues, but positive and constructive at all times
• Systematic and control-focused approach to quality of own work and that of others
• Strong systems experience (Oracle and PowerBI preferred)
• Advanced Excel skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-reyx01-3-214-184-223-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.