Senior Financial Analyst
Finance Manager II, Studios (Mobile)
#WeAreEA and we exist to inspire the world to play. EA values creativity, pioneering, passion, determination, learning, and teamwork. We mean things like acting with curiosity, speaking up with original ideas, and committing to each other as one team. We celebrate diversity and inclusion by creating a place where you can come to work and be yourself.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our EA Studios Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team to support our Mobile Sports businesses. You will role report to the Senior Finance Director of FP&A and provide an opportunity to be a collaborative partner and trusted advisor to the studio leadership teams responsible for the FIFA, Madden, NBA, and UFC mobile games. These are high priority, strategic franchises for EA Mobile and require an experienced, collaborative finance partner to help guide these businesses forward. You will navigate and influence across a multi-dimensional team and engage with senior executives. Knowledge of the gaming industry, especially free to play business models and advertising are a significant benefit.
• Oversee the financial planning process for Sports Mobile including the long-range, annual, and quarterly planning cycles.
• Provide financial leadership, ensuring the financial effects of all decisions are understood & considered.
• Work closely with studio business partners on developing R&D forecasts. Manage risks and opportunities to maintain financial goals.
• Monitor the studio P&L and influence investment and product decisions to maximize the health of the business. This includes partnership with team leads on live service revenue forecasts, user acquisition plans, and R&D investment decisions.
• Prepare, hold, and present business reviews with studio leaders focused on the story (not just data) with clear insights and presentation material.
• Create P&L modeling and analysis to support new IP / new product incubation.
• Oversee month end close results, variance analysis and adjusting entries.
• Opportunity to manage one direct report once established in the role, with room to scale over time.
• Potential for ad-hoc projects including financial systems, process improvement, and M&A.
• Bachelor's degree required – Finance / Economics / Accounting related field preferred.
• Minimum 7 years of related financial experience (FP&A experience preferred).
• Healthy impatience for change. Willingness to ask the tough questions,and ensure partner support on complex decision points.
• People management experience preferred
• General interest in gaming, mobile entertainment and digital businesses.
• Experience with P&L management, financial modeling, forecasting, reporting and analysis.
• Experience evaluating performance metrics and translating to relevant reporting and recommendations.
• Proficiency in Accounting and general GAAP knowledge.
• Experience with financial programs like Hyperion Essbase, Oracle and Anaplan.
In an industry that's changing every day, EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart business plans, strategic acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you're reading excites you as much as it does us, apply today.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.