We're EA-the world's leading video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles-Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Apex Legends, Battlefield, Need for Speed, and Star Wars, to name but a few. We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Our Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team plays an important role in providing strategic partnership to leaders across EA. We achieve this through engaging with our partners to understand our broad strategy, analyzing data, and delivering insights to help guide EA's performance.
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. you are passionate about building immersive digital entertainment, this is the role of a lifetime. The EA Sports Finance Manager role is based in North America, supporting Global Commercial Management. The FM will oversee our most recognizable Sports Brands, and provide global franchise finance support (forecasts, reporting, and other financial modeling) on retail and digital revenue through margin (including revenue reductions, revenue and inventory reserves, and royalties). To achieve these responsibilities, the FM will partner with many groups including EA Sports partners, Studio Finance, Accounting, and Corporate FP&A. You will report to the EA Sports Sr. Finance Manager based in Redwood City, CA.
What You'll Do
• Build relationships with partners and actively collaborate to work towards meeting financial and business goals
• Prepare, hold, and present business reviews for leaders focused on the story (not just data) with clear insights and relevant presentation material
• Drive results by partnering on business-related projects such as modeling business scenarios and tracking performance metrics
Financial Close, Forecasting and Analysis
• Oversee the full game revenue financial forecast and provide analysis to highlight variance drivers and identify opportunities to mitigate risk / improve performance
• Manage weekly revenue R&Os for all Sports titles
• Provide deep financial analysis focused on a variety of areas such as optimizing revenue and profitability and evaluating Return on investment of promotions
• Partner with the Accounting group to manage Close deliverables, process and reporting
• Implement reporting tools
Drive FP&A Excellence
• Identify and lead programs to standardize and automate forecasting and reporting tools
• Challenge status quo and provide alternative solutions
Who You Are:
• Ability to handle multiple and competing priorities, meet tight deadlines, and to thrive in a fast-paced environment with high degree of change
• Ability to work independently
• A team player able to work collaboratively, within the group across teams/functions as a specialist and partner
Experience and Technical Skills
• Bachelor's degree required
• Minimum 4 years of related financial experience, revenue knowledge
• Experience with P&L management, budgeting, forecasting and analysis
• Proficiency in Accounting and general GAAP knowledge
• Excellent MS Excel and PowerPoint expertise required, knowledge in Anaplan, Power BI, Tableau and Oracle
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d89306-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.