Expert Business Analyst
DTS Operations Expert Business Analyst – Vancouver
EA was founded over 38 years ago. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry-and the company-have expanded immensely. However, we are still driven by our goal of inspiring the world to play by developing, publishing, and distributing the world's best games. Fueled by our talented staff across the globe, we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
EA Studios Development Technology and Services (DTS) provides services that empower our development teams to build great games across EA. The DTS Analytics team supports a wide spectrum of initiatives across DTS. The analytics function serves as a key tenet of DTS's operating approach to ensure we all have a clear and measurable alignment of initiatives against EA studios business imperatives.
• Participate in a diverse range of strategic initiatives, in response to current and future business needs.
• Provide strategic insights to senior leaders/executives in DTS, promote business optimization, growth strategies and fuel decision-making.
• Formulate strategy on behalf of DTS operations and identify the team and resources to implement the vision.
• Work with other technology leaders across the organization to establish and implement cross-organizational efforts.
• Provide guidance and assistance to internal and external partners in evaluating ROI of different technologies.
• Mentor, grow and attract a team of accomplished analysts and leaders. Provide oversight and leverage analytical expertise to ensure that outcomes are actionable and reliable.
• Spearhead process transformation and change management efforts.
• Identify, evaluate, and provide recommendations on effective solutions to the stated needs.
• Organize and lead sessions to understand and capture business processes, user workflows, user stories, data models, pain points and feedback from internal partners.
• Consolidate your investigation, findings, and recommendations into well-written and cohesive presentations.
• Manage stakeholders' expectations, timelines, and risks throughout a project life cycle.
• Prioritize workload and multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment while keeping a positive attitude.
• Result-oriented individual with minimum of 10 years of professional experience performing all aspects of business and enterprise level analysis.
• Proven track record in a leading, advisory role who is well-versed in technology evaluation, assessment and roadmap development.
• 6+ years' experience managing or mentoring other team members in a formal or informal capacity.
• Master in navigating ambiguity and establish structure and coherence to complex business problems.
• Strong command in utilizing your analytical toolbelt to identify root causes and constraints, translate qualitative/quantitative data into actionable insight, and follow through on recommendations / outcomes.
• Confident and succinct communicator that can interface with stakeholders from a diverse set of backgrounds and levels.
• Experience leading and coaching presentations to wide audiences, large groups, including senior management.
• Proven track record in managing your own deliverables and producing high quality results, building analysis delivery plans with clear deliverables, ownership, and communication plans.
• Able to operate independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
• Versed in understanding of Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC) processes and methodologies (e.g. agile, waterfall, interactive, etc.)
• Disciplined in organizing your deliverables and other results of your work.
• Comfortable working as part of an international team that spans across multiple time zones.
The following would be considered an asset for this role:
• Previous working experience in a management consulting environment is highly preferable
• University degree in computing science, mathematics, engineering, business management or relevant field (combined with an MBA or equivalent) is preferable
• Affinity to stay on top of current technology tends including cloud & distributed platforms, machine learning and AI, digital customer experience, etc…
• Experience in creating reports and dashboards using data visualization software packages (eg. Power BI, Tableau).
Domestic and international travel may be required.
You must be eligible to work in Canada.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.