Senior Game Designer
Redwood City, CA
Experience Designer - Maxis
Location: EA Redwood Shores (Open to remote work based out of most US locations)
At Maxis, we thrive on outrageous thinking.
It's the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We're creators and great storytellers. Our mission is not just about amazing our peers – it's about amazing our fans. Taking risks. Collaborating with each other. Daring to dream big. Together, we can improve the way millions play every day.
As an Experience Designer on The Sims, you'll report to the Development Director for Creative and work with a team of enthusiastic industry craftspeople from all walks of life. You will use your passion and knowledge to lead the development of the user interface and related systems from initial prototypes through final design.
You will work with your engineering, design, UXR and Production partners to create experiences that surprise, delight, and invite millions of gamers around the world to Play with Life.
• Drive user-centered design processes to deliver world-class design solutions.
• Partner closely with XD Director, Creative Director, UX Researchers and the larger XD team.
• Lead design solutions that are informed by player data (quantitative and qualitative)
• Craft UX artifacts: experience maps, flows, wireframes, prototypes.
• Architect player flows, screens, content and states that are intuitive and engaging while balancing player, business and technical goals.
• Support the creation and management of a comprehensive design system.
• Collaborate closely with the other Experience Designers to gather requirements, explore creative directions, produce prototypes and iterate based on testing results.
• An advanced level of experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, product designer or similar role.
• Experience designing with players motivations and needs in mind.
• Experience with user research methodologies and user data analysis (quantitative and qualitative)
• An exceptional portfolio demonstrating user-centered designs across a range of digital products. Research and data informed designs that meet users' needs and their motivations.
• Experience creating, contributing to and working with large design systems.
• Partner with stakeholders to set priorities and find balanced design solutions to player and business goals within technical constraints.
• Outstanding communication and presentation skills, an optimistic outlook, and the desire to inspire excellence.
• Knowledge of inclusive design principles and experience designing for usability and accessibility.
• Understand the importance of providing and soliciting feedback in an inclusive and respectful manner.
• Passion for playing and making games with a deep understanding of what makes them fun and engaging.
• Comfortable presenting cohesive design solutions to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Proficiency in a variety of modern design tools: Adobe XD, Figma, Sketch, Principle, Adobe CC, etc.
• Familiarity with The Sims 4, The Sims franchise and the life simulation game genre.
• Narrative Game genre design experience is a big plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj24nb-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.