Experience Designer II (UI Technical) - The Sims
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
Welcome to Maxis, home to tinkerers, craftspeople, & storytellers. Our drive is to inspire everyone to make a better world through creative play. As the developer of The Sims, we create games and experiences for millions of people around the world and are always looking for new ways to inspire our players. Maxis is a place where you can do what you love and help others grow while doing it; a place where your unique voice can be heard and seen. We put creativity and inclusivity at the core of our work and don't settle for seeing the world only as it is, but strive to build a world as it could be.
In this role you will be part of the Project Rene team building out a next generation game and creative platform. Project Rene is a Mobile + HD cross-platform game that allows players to experience The Sims alone or with friends, without barriers, for the first time ever. Explore the dramatic lives of your Sims in the most accessible, dynamic Simulation to date. Players can create characters, customize furniture, design apartments, and more using accessible tools.
You will be reporting to the Development Director.
Location: Remote North America - open to most North America locations
As an Experience Designer - UI Technical with Maxis, you will partner with the XD Director, Creative Director and Technical Director to inform overall product vision through implementation across the entire game experience.
• You will organize features into defined structures, components, and processes that meet the technical, aesthetic, and functional requirements of the game's vision.
• You will implement UI animation and motion of prepared screen assets to support interaction and motion guidelines.
• Prototype in code with debug data to simulate game elements that can be user-tested and profiled for performance.
• Deliver final game-ready components that are documented and ready to hand off to engineering.
• Use proprietary software and third-party technology to implement the visual and interaction design of the UI + HUD within the game.
• You will work with our teams to refine workflows and polish the UI to achieve an excellent experience, from concept to ship.
• Deliver a cross-platform system that feels natural across a variety of inputs such as touch, mouse, keyboard, controller, etc.
• Collaborate with our engineers to define technical and data requirements.
• Prove out and advocate for best practices for UI architecture with a goal of modularity, extensibility, and sustainability for a growing, live product.
• 2-5 years in video games or a similar industry, working in a technical UI capacity.
• Proficiency in motion graphics, game engine (Unreal Engine, Unity) and/or mobile platform development.
• Proficiency in node-based gameplay scripting systems such as Unreal Blueprints or Unity Bolt
• Shipped at least one high profile game or product as a technical designer, scripter or similar role.
• Cleanly implement UI with designer tools and scripting language.
• Maintain production pipeline, process, and workflow.
• Track down problems in current systems, predicting problems in developing systems, producing test cases, and implementing fixes in systems and tools.
• A desire for solving design problems and sharing your knowledge.
• The ability to provide accurate estimates and flag when things need to be re-evaluated.
• A portfolio with work samples, including UI animation, across a range of digital products and platforms.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Pay offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $95,450 - $141,800 USD Annually
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $89,200 - $141,800 USD Annually
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $105,250 - $141,800 USD Annually
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $89,200 - $118,550 USD Annually
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $89,200 - $130,750 USD Annually
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $77,600 - $119,000 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. In the US, we offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity. For British Columbia, we offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3wp5n-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.