Location: Redwood Shores, CA (This role is also open for remote work in most US locations)
Creativity, Collaboration, and Communication are what make Maxis tick as we prepare ourselves for massive amounts of growth and an incredible amount of fun. We want to engage our players and create the most entertaining titles in the world. Come and see for yourself, the future is here.
At Maxis, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We're innovators and great storytellers. But it's not just about amazing your peers – it's about amazing yourself and our fans. Take risks and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day.
Maxis is looking for an Experience Designer, with experience leading design on large-scale products'/games and experience working on social networks, e-commerce, and live services in both game and non-gaming products. You should excel in a collaborative and iterative environment and help guide these processes and methods forward. Come build amazing experiences with us!
You will report to a Maxis Development Director.
• Drive user-centered design processes to provide outstanding design solutions for Maxis games.
• Partner with XD Leads and the larger XD team.
• Maintain and adhere to an existing comprehensive design system.
• Be a promoter of usability, inclusiveness, and accessibility.
• Drive design solutions that are informed by player data (quantitative and qualitative).
• Craft UX artifacts: experience maps, flows, wireframes, prototypes.
• Produce mocks and visual artifacts.
• Implement UI in game engine.
• Architect player flows, screens, content, and states that promote ease of use and are engaging while balancing player, business and technical goals.
• Partner with various team members to find balanced design solutions to player and business goals within technical constraints.
• At least 4 years of UX'/UI experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, product designer or similar role. Your experience includes some combination of: game and non-gaming products, live service and social networks.
• Experience with user research methodologies and user data analysis (quantitative and qualitative).
• A portfolio demonstrating user-centered designs across multiple digital products. Creating research and data informed designs that meet player needs and their motivations.
• You have an optimistic outlook, the desire to inspire excellence.
• Knowledge of usability principles and designing for accessibility, diversity, and inclusivity.
• You understand the importance of providing and soliciting feedback in a graceful, constructive manner, with suggestions and solutions for improvement to both process and project.
• You have a passion for playing and making games, with an understanding of what makes them fun and engaging.
• You can present and rationalize design strategy and decisions to diverse audiences, using these opportunities to educate and promote.
• Proficiency in multiple modern design tools such as Adobe XD, Sketch, Principal, Adobe CC, Figma, etc.
• Familiarity with The Sims 4, The Sims franchise and the life simulation genre.