Experience Design Director (UX)
Location: Onsite in Vancouver BC | Remote work available in most Canadian & US locations
We are looking for an Experience Design Director, focused on UX, to join our team.
Our sports mobile teams are founded on inclusivity, innovation, and creativity with a mission to bring immersive sports gaming experiences built for mobile devices to millions of gamers around the world. With teams located in Canada, Bucharest and the United States, we are powered by global talent and looking for passionate and creative new team members to design the future of mobile gaming.
You will report to the Senior Art Director and work directly with leadership and our teams to establish the Experience Design vision for our suite of games.
We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates who are within a three hour time difference to the Pacific Time Zone to apply.
Who you are:
• You love making games and enhancing the player experience
• You can find balanced solutions to complex player, business and technical challenges rooted in player data and research
• You can promote and oversee UX and UI guidelines, design principles and best practices such as heuristic evaluations/usability standards, archetype development, experience journey maps, prototyping and user testing
• You provide leadership in a collaborative and inclusive work environment and excel at career management
• Support the Creative Director and Game Director's vision, by providing an interactive point-of-view
• You will be a career manager, and develop and mentor UX and UI designers
• Build an understanding of players and current products to develop a holistic view, and guide design strategy
• Own experience journey mapping by player lifecycle and archetype
• Lead and build a UX team to create UX design processes and help define the culture of UX
• Build relationships to set design priorities and find balanced solutions for player, business and technical goals
• Guide user research studies and the implementation of Indicators to measure performance data and validate solutions
• Experience in leading small to medium sized mobile game teams
• A degree in Interaction Design, Psychology, HCI or demonstrated proficiency and experiences in the field of user experience
• 8+ years of user centred design experience and 3+ years of hiring, managing, and mentoring multiple designers
• Fluency in best practices for interaction design, design thinking, customer journey mapping and knowledge of UX principles and methodologies
• Understanding of user research methodologies and user data analysis
• A portfolio of shipped products from ideation to release
• Expert knowledge of design patterns, heuristic evaluation, applying design systems, and prototyping in tools such as Adobe XD, Figma or others
• Efficient at presenting and rationalizing design strategy and decisions to diverse audiences
• Proven ability as a strategic thinker
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxobqz-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.