Redwood City, CA
3D Environment Artist - Remote Friendly Join us in driving the next revolution in games. This is a rare and unique opportunity at EA to:
• Reimagine a Star Wars mobile product from the ground up
• Establish a new model of game development
The Role: We are looking for a 3D Environment Artist to work within our team to inspire creativity, bring life to our games and build compelling mobile experiences. As part of this team, you will report to the Art Director and work in close collaboration with game design, UX, engineering, and operations. The 3D Environment Artist has industry-honed abilities in 3D modeling and texturing, and can work throughout the environment modeling production line.
• Contributor in creating interior and exterior game environment scenes: Modeling, UV's, texturing, lighting, and some shader experience.
• Help with creating environmental style guides and templates.
• Work with multiple disciplines to agree on asset creation goals for our products
• Convert 2D concepts into performant, appealing, and functional 3D game assets
• Help with external vendor feedback
• Application MUST include link to portfolio and any necessary passwords to access it
• Excellent hard surface and organic modeling skills
• Experience with game production process, from beginning to end
• Contribute to improvement of pipeline and asset quality
• Estimate and balance tasks to hit deadlines
• Collaboration across all disciplines
• Adapt and contribute to a major IP's style
• Create successful 3D models for use on a mobile platform
• A passion for making games!
• Adobe CC
• Other applicable game development skills. Examples: Animation, rigging, and VFX
• Experience in mobile and free-to-play games
• Knowledge and passion for the Star Wars Universe
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.