EA SPORTS Athlete Marketing Director
must have existing roster of connections with global football/soccer athlete community.
Seasoned sports marketing professional responsible for driving relationships with professional athletes around the world on behalf of EA SPORTS. S/he will set the long term vision for EA SPORTS Athlete Marketing portfolio wide programs as well as product/franchise specific initiatives that connect athletes with fans at scale. Position requires deeply entrenched relationships with elite athletes and their representation globally. Ability to leverage relationships to accelerate EA SPORTS marketing campaigns and initiatives to maximize brand relevancy and product visibility through partnerships
Location: UK or US must have existing roster of connections with global football athlete community.
• Lead athlete marketing for EA SPORTS – drive communication and outreach to professional athletes globally for EA SPORTS marketing opportunities including, but not limited to, product ambassadors, social media marketing and content for EA SPORTS Portfolio of Brands - FIFA, Madden NFL, NBA LIVE, EA SPORTS NHL and EA SPORTS UFC
• Grow athlete ambassador roster – grow and foster EA SPORTS athlete ambassador roster, acquiring world-renowned athletes to promote EA SPORTS; continually recruit celebrity athletes who will authentically support EA SPORTS
• Build the vision for an EA SPORTS Athlete Program - partner with EA SPORTS leadership team to architect a vision for a portfolio wide athlete program that drives long term value-based relationship with existing and next gen athletes
• Generate brand relevancy and product visibility– leverage the power of celebrity to increase brand/product awareness and consideration through athlete marketing
• Secure ambassadors based on talent strategy – Identify and secure authentic athlete ambassadors for EA SPORTS based on the talent strategy and insights provided by Marcom Strategy and Digital Intelligence teams
• Manage and execute talent logistics – Manage communications, contract process/administration and all logistics related to athlete engagements for EA SPORTS including booking travel, acting as on-site liaison and ultimately ensuring full compliance with the deal
• Drive best-in-class relationship management – Build and maintain daily rapport with professional athletes and representation including sports management, marketing agencies and player associations; utilize strong relationships to maximize opportunities and terms with professional athletes on behalf of EA SPORTS
• Partner with EA Business Affairs – Partner closely with internal teams, including Business Affairs, to negotiate and manage athlete contracts, terms and conditions
• Drive athlete engagement strategies - Partner with brand teams to develop concept creation/ideation processes for procuring athletes for core business objectives, campaigns and content projects.
• Drive rhythm of business: Ensure cohesive communication and collaboration among the Marcom Activation Partnership teams globally who work directly with the sports leagues and clubs associated with EA SPORTS licenses. Establish communication touchpoints on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to ensure visibility and proactive communication of athlete marketing plans and performance.
• Athlete Ambassador Roster: Develop, grow and foster roster of professional athletes who will authentically promote and support EA SPORTS
• Cover Athlete/Ambassador Deals: Secure cover athlete and ambassadors for each EA SPORTS product, driving logistics from initial communication through to cover shoots/content capture and fulfillment of deal terms
• Talent Logistics: Deliver clear and detailed schedules and logistical information to athletes and their representation for all EA SPORTS engagements
• Relationship management: Develop a robust database of athlete attributes and pricing to help with pitches and proposals for athlete marketing content opportunities
• Brand Relevancy & Product Visibility Tracking: In partnership with Global Analytics & Insights, Digital Intelligence and channel marketing teams, track brand/product awareness and consideration associated with key athlete partnerships to quantify and qualify success metrics
• Athlete Marketing Budget: Ensure all athlete deals and marketing execution comply with Marcom Partnership budget allocations; track, record and manage costs
• Accountability: Prepare a road map for athlete marketing success, ensure all are clear, and take action to keep progress on track. Assume responsibility for actions and outcomes.
• Adaptability: Embrace change and help others adjust. Modify approach according to context. Actively seek to become comfortable in new environments.
• Collaborative Leadership: Share expertise and resources to help others. Include all who can contribute to a successful outcome. Stay engaged even when not in full agreement.
• Communication: Craft clear and detailed communications with athletes and their representation. Internally, share information and ideas with stakeholders and cross-functional teams and listen openly.
• Innovation: Create solutions to challenges and positively question current thinking. Leverage logic and rationale to influence. Recognize and build on the ideas of others.
• Decision-making: Establish criteria. Seek relevant information to aid understanding. Identify correlation. Determine causation. Arbitrate with balanced, compelling resolutions.
• Seasoned marketing professional with multiple years of experience in athlete marketing; deeply entrenched relationships with elite athletes and their representation globally
• Exceptional relationship management skills; ability to build and foster strong rapport with athletes and their representation
• Strong commitment to achieving excellence in the sports industry
• Understands sports lifestyle, pop culture and is ingrained in sports scene and trends
• Ability to create successful athlete marketing outcomes based on business goals and strategies
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple high-profile project simultaneously
• Thrives in fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
• Conducts work on privileged projects with the utmost confidentiality
• Excels at working in a matrixed team environment characterized by interdependencies
• Ability to galvanize and influence teams and stakeholders across disciplines, at all levels
• Ability to effectively engage and liaise with executive teams
• Flexible and dynamic with the ability to adapt to changing goals and objectives
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• International travel
• Galvanize and influence teams and leaders across various discipline's and at all levels
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3x7m5-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.