Senior Software Engineer
Remote / Virtual
Group TD, Quality Verification
The Opportunity Ahead:
We are looking for a Group Technical Director to oversee the engineering efforts of EA's Quality Verification teams that work with the Motive, Maxis, Bioware and Full Circle studios at EA. These studios develop titles such as Skate, Dragon Age, The Sims and Star Wars Squadrons. You will report directly to the Head of Technology for QV.
As part of EA's worldwide Quality Verification organization, you will help improve the way we make and test games at EA. We are looking for a curious and passionate person who is always looking for ways to improve the quality of life for QV, developers, and to provide the ultimate experience for our players. Your insights and your influence will allow us to make the highest quality games possible and have fun whilst doing it.
Using automated testing, workflow tools, and data insights, your team makes it as easy as possible to create and test high-quality games, you will help ensure that the game will always be stable through all stages of development.
Are you someone who knows 'we can do better', and can walk that path? Then we want to hear from you.
• Create technical strategies to ensure effective QV engagements across multiple groups and projects.
• Guide the quality development discipline forwards as part of the global Quality Technology Council and the worldwide Quality Verification organization.
• Participate in the Quality Verification planning and strategies for each product within the group.
• Ensure the excellence of our embedded and in-sourced tools development services.
• Oversee all project dependencies, risks, and critical paths.
• Promote achievement of the Quality Verification team's business goals and develop policies for sharing software, technical innovation, business processes and other intellectual property.
• Help create a strong technical community by developing excellent relationships with technical peers in game development teams and other groups throughout EA studios.
• Work with other team leaders to manage change.
• Lead, coach and mentor software engineers on the team.
• Recruit and retain great people to the team and company.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or Software Engineering or equivalent.
• At least 10 years' technology industry technical experience working on tools, test automation, and software development.
• At least 4 years' technology industry technical experience working with video games.
• Knowledge of game application technologies, spanning client, server, live operations and infrastructure systems.
• Game development contributions that demonstrate the above requirements with a high level of proficiency.
• Balance technical, team, product, project and business requirements for successful outcomes.
• Experience leading technical teams that are distributed across multiple studios and time zones.
• Change management, experience adapting/changing status quo and traversing changes with people, products, and processes.
• Experience developing new talent.
• Able to travel.
Given that you will have a role with a scope ranging across the North American continent, we are open to candidates who prefer to work remotely.
Diversity & Inclusion:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law. EA has taken efforts to ensure that our online application system is accessible to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. Applicants with disabilities may contact us by sending an email to email@example.com for assistance accessing our careers.ea.com website. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and EA will respond as soon as possible.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7n3nk-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.