Director, Infrastructure Architecture and Engineering
About IT Global Infrastructure Services A division of EA IT, Global Infrastructure Services defines the technology strategy and solutions architectures that help our partners to use tech to create immersive entertainment.
The challenge ahead EA is looking for someone can excel at providing engineering leadership to establish a delivery framework and service capability for infrastructure across several data centers and public cloud regions. You will report to the Senior Director of Infrastructure Architecture and Engineering. You will lead the architecture and engineering for EA's global infrastructure, and will help determine and champion EAIT's Infrastructure Strategy, which is focused on driving a large-scale transformation of EA's infrastructure around adopting public cloud infrastructure services and driving automation of on-premise and cloud to provide for a always-on, responsive, flexible and scalable infrastructure to meet our needs.
You will lead a team of accomplished architects and engineers. You should demonstrate engineering, managerial, technical, and project management skills, and have experience running large complex programs. The scope of responsibilities includes all enterprise infrastructure across EA's data centers, including: Infrastructure that enables game development and creation (i.e. build farms, automation pipelines, validation), Infrastructure supporting employee applications (e.g. communication and collaboration systems), Business Applications (e.g. HR and ERP systems) and Security systems and services, Infrastructure in 50+ EA locations and up to 8 data centers globally.
• Lead infrastructure services, inclusive of data centers, responsible for technical engineering, service delivery, capacity and lifecycle management, planning and oversight that includes service analytics (metrics), site coordination, and long-term planning.
• Deliver predictable results in a large organization, develop a compelling vision, strategy.
• Recruit and build an outstanding team, and promote technical excellence in engineering
• Drive performance management conversations, and develop shared goals across the organization, driving and results in common goals to keep team performance on-track and align to our high-quality
• Experience driving enterprise infrastructure automation, especially around adoption of private and public cloud
• Collaborate across a diverse global distributed enterprise
• Infrastructure domain knowledge; ability to translate business inputs
• Knowledgeable on Public Cloud – Infrastructure as a Service, Container technologies, PaaS and Server-less public cloud services. Knowledge of public cloud ecosystems and service offerings e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP
• Enterprise Security experience implementing security solutions for enterprise infrastructure and developing systems to ensure that infrastructure is compliant to security standards
• Strength in contract negotiations, vendor management, capacity planning and department budget management (including Opex and Capex responsibility) in a fast growth environment
• Financial analysis including data-driven conclusive recommendations and decisions
• Excellent change management skills and ability to promote transformation across a broad organization to build acceptance and agreement behind a significant change mission
• Successful career progression in broad and diverse IT organizations
• Excel in global multicultural enterprise
• Experience with VMware Virtualization technology, NetApp storage systems, Windows and Linux Server environments, MS SQL database technologies, and Cisco / Palo Alto networking.
• Experience in competitive vendor landscape for enterprise infrastructure, inclusive of open source programs
• Experience with infrastructure automation at scale to solve for real-world organizational challenge
• Lead IT infrastructure architecture and engineering teams in Media and Entertainment or related industry
• Experience with data center consolidation, migration, and decommissioning supporting thousands of apps/VM's
• Bachelor's degree in an appropriate technical discipline such as computer science, engineering, or equivalent
• 12+ years experience in information technology and systems engineering, 5+ years staff leadership
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7e799-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.