The EA SPORTS American Football Team is looking for a Brand Marketing Director to help lead the business into the future by building a short and long term communication strategy and leading a team of SMEs to implement that strategy for Madden NFL and College Football.
This executive will be part of the EA American Football business leadership team and will report into the Senior Director, Brand Marketing, who leads the business. This role will have a team of 4 direct reports, and be accountable to influence and lead cross functional campaigns - content (copy and art) and connections (media, social, digital, PR, influencers, Athletes) team of over 30, across a matrixed creative services organization.
The Director will be an important decision maker in the growth strategy development of the American Football brand and will have immediate, direct, and critical impact on an annual and long-term basis. At the highest level, they will define the strategy for how the American Football brand shows across Madden NFL, College Football and all other consumer touch points and experiences inside and outside the games.
As Director, you will:
• Develop a long-term brand positioning and brand identity.
• Create all required brand documentation that supports (1)
• On a long-term basis, you will work on our 5 year strategy team to create and transform the business and grow people, revenue, and margin.
• On an annual basis, you will develop campaign strategies for the American Football brands for the next fiscal year and then stewarding the execution of the strategy across many cross functional teams.
• Define and articulate how we will communicate the important product features for that year's product.
• Work on two product years simultaneously.
• Present the strategy and go to market plans to senior leadership and external partners and ensure highest level agreement and buy-in.
• Once the communications strategy is aligned, you will work with SMEs across content and connections to bring the strategy to life across the yearly retail calendar across all consumer, retail, community, and media channels.
• Manage and strategically allocate a substantial marketing budget across channels ensuring maximal ROI.
• Partner with the business owners of the calendar windows to align the business objectives, consumer targets, constraints, cultural moments, and creative brief intent.
• Integrate and orchestrate all communication channels and SMEs along a critical path such that work is integrated and synergistic.
• Use your experience leading extremely large teams (40+ people) so that everyone works for the sole higher purpose of the brand brief. As a leader, you will diplomatically and adroitly manage tension, clear paths, and maintain a high level of energy and motivation across the cross functional team. Your leadership style is flexible and multidimensional to do this.
• 10+ years of relevant experience in client side marketing and/or advertising agency strategy in a global top tier organization.
• 5+ years of leadership experience across large cross-functional teams (30+) and direct reports (4+)
• Relevant experience in Integrated Marketing Communications: content and connections.
• Experience managing large budgets
• Expert in post promotion analysis
• Expert storyteller - written and verbal.
• Ability to present to senior leadership across all functions.
We love to celebrate our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, free video games and more!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d50b27-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.