At Electronic Arts, we exist to inspire the world to play. We consider our players' experiences first in everything we do. We create amazing experiences for players, fans, and our employees. By becoming a member of IT's Data & Insights team you'll empower EA with trusted and applicable insights to make faster decisions, uncover new revenue opportunities, and optimize our performance.
In this hybrid management role based in Austin you will report to the Head of Engineering for Data & Insights in IT. As Director, with a background in software engineering and AI/ML technology you'll build products that help EA's leaders make important decisions while recruiting and managing a team to make it happen. You will be involved in a high amount of brainstorming and experimentation, will seek new ideas, and build prototypes with fast iteration cycles. You will collaborate with our teams across the company to understand current solutions and identify areas of innovation and the delivery of new AI services to our product services.
• Develop the long-term technical strategy in partnership with the leadership team.
• Work with partners (e.g., product management, engineering, and UX leaders) to implement and scale solutions.
• Bring the end-to-end execution from brainstorming to deployment, ensuring delivery and quality outcomes.
• Set and communicate team priorities, and evolve the roadmap to meet anticipated future needs.
• Develop, code and review technical designs and guide technical discussions and directions.
• Lead the exploration of AI and ML applications that enhance player experiences, engagement, and retention.
• As a manager, recruit and develop a high-performing team.
• Manage project risks, budgets, and resources, adjusting strategies to meet evolving requirements.
• Stay current with the latest advancements in AI and ML technologies, gaming trends, and industry innovations.
• Experience bringing AI technologies to market in mid to large-scale products.
• 8+ years of experience in software engineering and consumer software product development.
• Experience collaborating to develop software across organizational boundaries and across products.
• Experience with innovation and well-calculated risk-taking.
• Experience leading a team that takes concepts and research to develop products and solutions.
• Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, and familiarity with AI/ML libraries and frameworks.
• Experience with Agile methodologies and project management tools.
• Experience delivering complex projects on time and within budget.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw292y-44-197-111-121-42 in your application.