DevOps Engineer - Game Development Infrastructure Services
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
This is a technical role in the Game Development Infrastructure Services team and offers a recognized expert the opportunity to participate in the envisioning, designing, and building of a variety of enterprise-level solutions in support of Application Lifecycle Management for EA's video games and central services teams. This role includes the creation of the solution architectures that will incorporate custom, COTS and packaged applications together with integrations with products such as Slack, JIRA, Artifactory, GitLab. These solutions are built upon a cloud-first philosophy and leverage public cloud services from leading providers such as Azure, AWS and Google. Coupled with the power of the cloud, the ideal candidate will lead small agile teams to architect, design and engineer applications that will support thousands of current users.
You will have the chance to work with game teams across the entire organization, including FIFA, Madden, Battlefield and Battlefront, and central teams such as Frostbite and Origin. You should have a strong focus on innovation and leverage a deep technical background and experience. You will contribute to the roadmap, architecture and technical and business delivery of various software applications. Strong soft skills are required to collaborate with individual game teams, in order to gain adoption and enhance these solutions.
Enterprise-level solution experience:
• 7+ years of enterprise systems monitoring and DevOps experience in a production, customer-facing environment
• Experience with Virtualization (AWS, VMWare) and containerization (Docker / Kubernetes)
• Experience with Agile CI/CD development tools such as Gitlab,, Terraform, Artifactory, Jenkins
• Linux (CentOS / RHEL 7.x) – Senior-level administrator
• Windows Server experience (2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016)
• Scripting experience with emphasis on Bash, Python, and PowerShell
• Ensure thorough capacity, health, and security monitoring is present at every layer of the application stack
• Thorough understanding of common protocols and services, including: DHCP, DNS, FTP(S), HTTP(S), LDAP, SIP, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, TCP, UDP
• Experience using orchestration and configuration management tools (e.g., Ansible)
• Experience using ServiceNow or other similar CMS / SKMS
• Bachelor's degree in an information technology related field or equivalent work experience
• Experience implementing application performance monitoring and request tracing solutions
• 3+ years of experience with virtualization and cloud platforms (e.g. VMware, Azure, or AWS); Preferred AWS certifications
• Excellent verbal and written communication, and customer service skills
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline-driven environment
• Experience in container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes is an asset
• Experience with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning is an asset
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. And since we realize it takes excellent people to make outstanding games, we offer a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6ny1n-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.