Full Time Job
Devops Engineer - Cloud Gaming
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe 24/7 with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games and delivering a flawless player experience is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative, resourceful and passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
We are looking for a DevOps engineer who will collaborate with multiple teams to improve our operational flows and infrastructure. We develop the next generation of gaming platforms to bring new experiences to new gamers anywhere. Our environments are continuously challenged by marketing promotions, game launches, and security threats. We are passionate about automation and ensuring high standards.
Who You Are
• A self-starter with a considerable breadth of technical knowledge and the ability to dig deep when necessary.
• Someone who communicates well with people across multiple teams and practices.
• An engineer with a passion for excellence, a devotion to automation, and an eye for efficiency.
• A consummate problem solver.
Who We Are
We are a multi-discipline team of engineers supporting our live services and the developers who create them. We focus on the next generation distribution platform for games using a patented Cloud Gaming platform. As OPS our role covers the entire life-cycle of a product, from operational design aspects, software stack delivery, to on-call incident response and triage. We focus heavily on automation and continuous integration/delivery, ensuring that everything we deliver is robust, efficient, and supportable. Our responsibilities include:
• Being the escalation path for on-call incident response and triage
• Performing root cause analysis and post-mortems with an eye towards future prevention
• Creating configuration management and Cloud infrastructure automation
• Continuously work towards operational excellence by identifying opportunities to automate away manual processes.
• Contributing to the design and implementation of CI/CD pipelines for all that we build
• Design and deploy cloud infrastructure and services
• Addressing security and monitoring improvements to our live service
• Automate applications to monitor service health, perform log analysis, and automate recovery
• Maintaining security standards across everything we support.
• Producing documentation, runbooks, and support tooling for online support teams
The systems we support are incredibly diverse, produced by many teams from around the world. Accordingly, the ideal candidate will have a diverse skillset and always be eager to expand it. More importantly, they will be able to apply their conceptual understanding to new technologies and tools rapidly. Being a self-starter and having a personal dedication to continuous learning is key. The below is a representative but non-exhaustive list of the skills we are looking for in a successful candidate.
Must have skills/qualifications
• 3 + years DevOps experience
• Proven CI/CD implementation experience
• Proven Experience Working with Cloud Provider -Mainly AWS
• Proven Experience Working with git and SCM -GitLab an Advantage
• Knowledge with Kubernetes and Microservice architecture
• Strong Scripting and automation skills (Bash, Python, PowerShell)
• Background knowledge in Windows and Linux Administration
• Experience with IAC tools such as Terraform, etc.
Nice to have skills/qualifications
• Experience with Monitoring Tools (Grafana, Prometheus, Zabbix, etc.)
• Background knowledge in Databases (SQL and NoSQL)
• Knowledge in Loggin Systems (ELK, Loki, etc.)
• Security oriented
• Strong networking Skills
• Familiar with deployment tools and Gitops Tools
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv77xm-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.