Software Engineer - Tools - Madden
POSITION TITLE: SOFTWARE ENGINEER - DevOps
Location: Prefer Orlando open to EST time zone locations.
The Development Release Engineer is part of a centralized team (DRE), responsible for DevOps across EA. This role provides vital end to end Continuous Integration'/Deployment services to several game titles within EA across a variety of platforms. The role ensures the systems are running smoothly, gathers requirements, provides feedback, and manages configuration management and development build'/test automation infrastructure solutions.
• Develop and maintain scripts & software to build and ship games
• Maintain and support virtualized automation farms, proactively identify and mitigate issues
• Monitor and analyze metrics to optimize automation systems
• Maintain tools, integrations, and technologies to support a highly reliable release environment
• Report regular status on assigned tasks and proactively identify project risks and issues while meeting project deadlines consistently
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• 2+ year Software development experience
• Knowledge in one or more of the following: C#, C++, Python, Perl, Java
• Experience with one or more DevOps tool chain – Source Control (Git, Perforce, SVN), Jenkins, Chef, Terraform
• Ability to self-manage and prioritize work effectively within deadlines
• Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment
• Excellent communication skills
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
• Experience writing, debugging and optimizing SQL queries and stored procedures in MS SQL or similar SQL based database server
• Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Nomad, Consul
• Knowledge and experience of art pipelines
• Experience with distributed build systems
• Experience with large-scale, high-availability, high-throughput automation systems
• Preferred knowledge in gaming consoles
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.