Senior Software Engineer
Title: Development Manager - Contractor
Location: Shanghai, China
Report to: Studio Lead Development Director
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to provide outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, creatively guided through collaboration, culture and craft.
EA Create Shanghai is a center for distributed development across EA's game studios where we get to work on popular franchises such as Battlefield, Apex Legends, Need for Speed, Plants vs. Zombies, EA Sports and many more. We aim to provide game studio partners art production solutions while focusing on refining and expanding our studio capabilities.
The EA Create Shanghai studio is looking for a experienced, and fun-loving individual to join our leadership team and help create EA's next big AAA title.
The Development Manager is in charge of making sure the team provides work on time and to quality. You will be the conduit to the game teams in understanding project requirements, coordinating project resources, managing development schedules and identifying risks and most importantly, performing to plan.
• You will create and validate project schedules that meet the requirements of the game team; discuss and create agreement on project resource requirements, workflow and milestones; establish WGLL (What Good Looks Like), identify important partners for regular communications and check-ins;
• You will minimize bottlenecks while ensuring the production pipeline matches with the needs of the game studios;
• You will identify project risks through regular monitoring of production status, team morale and communication channels; call out project risks and create mitigation plans before they become an issue;
• You will manage through change request process by communicating to project partners the nature of the change request, the cost of changes and the prioritization of the changes;
• You will provide leadership and mentorship to team members through regular 1:1s and weekly team meetings;
• You will find and address attrition risks;
• You will reward and recognize top performers through quarterly team performance review, promotions and salary adjustments while identifying and assisting low performers in improving their capabilities;
• You will discuss and help provide career path for team members, identify training courses and seek opportunities to assign team members challenging assignments to improve their skills;
• Two years of game development experience, one year of hands-on project management experience using Scrum/Agile methodology. PMP Certification an asset;
• Excellent process mindset and documentation ability, previous process reengineering experience an added advantage;
• Solid Project Management software experience including but not excluding to: JIRA, Confluence, Shotgun,,, SharePoint, Visio or other visualization and diagramming tools;
• Fluent in English and Mandarin;
• Previous vendor management experience in distributed development is a big plus
Our global benefits package is not included for this particular role.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.