Role Overview: Quality Assurance - Development Manager
The Quality Assurance - Development Manager and team are accountable for defining and delivering the Strategic Planning and Operational Vision for the Quality Assurance group. You will work with partner managers to establish schedules, establish budgets and ensure the creation of test coverage and project metrics.
Most of your time will be focused on ensuring project deliverables are completed on time through active participation in the test responsibilities and processes while maintaining EA's high standard of quality. You will focus on improving the operational effectiveness of the QA effort by assessing current QA practices and incorporating new QA strategies.
You will spend time managing a direct staff of project leaders, engaging in daily test responsibilities and mentoring and support junior level leadership within the department contributing to the development of their careers. Establishing working relationships within the QA department, and the outside partners are necessary to success in this role.
Primary responsibilities are as follows:
• Help us to continue improving process and workflow management through multiple development and live project cycles
• Resource management/planning, financial capacity planning, resource validation and skill-gap assessment
• Project and quality management through test scope / scheduling, evaluating Return on investment and cost vs benefit analysis
• Work with our partners and groups whilst maintaining the quality benchmark and project Indicators
• Help us Develop talent, mentors and cultivate others within their project team
• Monitor and promote product quality Indicators throughout project duration to give a constant heartbeat on product quality
• Ensure testing processes are followed, and work with partners where needed to protect and uphold product quality
• Work with all partners across a range of technology disciplines and geographic locations
• Promote quality upstream and advocating best practices to achieve this
• Produce and present reports to partners using data that represent product quality Indicators
• QA Project Managers are expected to have at a minimum:
• 7+ years of experience in a software development environment
• 5 years Project Management or Project Lead experience
• 5 years minimum of leadership experience
• Risk Management techniques and solutions
• Experience tracking product quality by using indicators and analytics
• Experience working with engineering disciplines with and eye to promote outstanding quality principles
• Test case test management software experience i.e. TestRail, TM4J, Xray
• Excellent knowledge of production life cycle
• Experience in a Scrum / Agile software development environment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxn0ej-34-231-243-21-42 in your application.