At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world's greatest games. As such, we're constantly improving and are now hiring for a unique opportunity at the intersection of sports, lifestyle, and culture. You will join a small, and diverse team with a bold vision! We're looking for leaders who value collaboration, and can step out of their swimlanes when needed, to help bring this opportunity to life.
In your role as Development Manager, you will manage a remote first Development team, which means you will be the scrum master managing risks and building schedules, communicating progress, partnering with both internal external partners, supporting the team by removing roadblocks, and helping build team culture and health.
This job is open to remote-friendly candidates.
You're someone who has:
• Managed teams using Agile and Scrum methodologies
• Guided teams through continuous improvement
• Collaborated with other disciplines to develop schedules based on project goals
• Resolved team conflict and communication problems
• Managed dependencies and priorities
• Managed and communicated risks
• Maintained calm. You know how to motivate and energize your teams.
• Most notably you'll have a rare mix of leadership and collaboration that helps guide teams to achieve their goals
You also bring the following skills or experiences to our team:
• 3+ years experience working within technology industries with a technical background
• 1+ years experience in project management
• Experience as a motivated scrum master
• Experience in online services or gaming industry is desirable
• Experience with Jira and Confluence
• A passion for continuous improvement
In a typical week, the Development Manager could …
• Play the scrum master role on one or more scrum teams
• Work with team leads to build roadmap and plans
• Manage dependencies across multiple teams/partners
• Build plans and schedules for new releases and communicating outward
• Manage team budgets and risks
• Guide the team to iterate and improve process
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71kq8-3-238-98-214-42 in your application.