Please note: this role requires on-site/hybrid work from the EA studio located in Orlando, FL. Remote work is not an option for this role.
Technical Development Manager (Tiburon Technical Art)
Electronic Arts is the leading interactive entertainment company, powered by innovative technology. We create incredible experiences for millions of players around the world. But what matters most is our people who inspire us, and the world, to play. As we bring new forms of entertainment to people around the world, we need creative, collaborative, diverse and adaptable people to keep making Electronic Arts better.
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC.
The Tiburon Technical Art Team helps EA SPORTS push visual boundaries and experiences for our players on our Madden NFL, College Football, and PGA Tour titles. We are a newly-formed entity consisting of over 30 developers who combine creativity and imagination with technical expertise and are the bridge between artists, engineers, and designers. We are a diverse group that encourages team members to bring their unique perspectives and expertise to work every day.
We are looking for a Technical Development Manager (DM) to support this dynamic technical team.
At EA, DMs coordinate a variety of disciplines including designers, software engineers, artists, QA and other production staff. DMs are the keepers of the project schedule and facilitate the development team's movement from one project phase to the next while ensuring effective collaboration and communication.
You will report to the Development Director for Tiburon Technical Art and partner with Producers and Directors to ensure that the work of the Tiburon Technical Art team is managed on time, to quality, and within budget.
Team Building and Management
• You will develop our Tiburon Technical Art team members by identifying resourcing needs and providing challenges and opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential, in partnership with Technical Art Directors
• You will foster working relationships within and beyond the Tiburon Technical Art team, in close (technical) partnership with Technical Art Directors, to help bring projects to successful completion
• You will participate in the hiring process for new candidates
• You will institute and assign task goals from defined project goals; you will achieve project deliverables through managing team at a project level (e.g. Franchise-wide level)
• You will mitigate risk for assigned scope in partnership with our Technical Art Directors
• You will monitor capacity (resource balance) and partner with production to manage scope and quality
• You will communicate with project teams and coordinate requirements with external partners
• You will orchestrate sprint planning and retrospectives, promoting best practices for task tracking
• You will build overall project schedules (roadmaps) based on individual task estimates for production and communicate progress to our partners across projects
• You will maintain and own our Tiburon Technical Art projects and backlogs
• You will establish a project budget, determine tasks and their resource requirements, and assign tasks to team resources
• 3+ years project management or team leadership experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience within a technical domain
• Knowledge of different project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile in a software development setting
• Familiarity with using JIRA as project management tool
• Experience managing outsourcing teams a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6wjm9-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.