Associate Systems Designer
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
A Development Manager (DM) on Madden, ensures the delivery of a game feature on time and within budget. The DM oversees the project schedule, hiring, and manages the team to achieve a high standard
• Manage a development team which generally consists of Software Engineers, Animators, Artists, and Designers. Work with Madden feature development teams with to lock down requirements and specifications.
• Anticipate bottlenecks, provide management escalation, project prioritization, make tradeoffs, balance the needs versus technical constraints, and improve initial partner deployments.
• Identify task-related processes to improve efficiency
• Focus on immediate team and identify team issues and suggest solutions related to execution goals.
• Ensure each projects setup meets the specifications with Studio.
• Provide regular status reporting and capacity plan updates.
• Track and implement project improvement plans to improve team efficiency.
• Establish engagement practices: Ensure all workflow is clearly defined, processes are documented, and staff trained in expectations on the workflow.
• Mentor individual contributors within project team
• Ensure all have professional development plans. Conduct regular one-on-ones.
What skills does EA look for?
An EA Development Manager will have at a minimum: 3 years of experience in a software development environment, 2 years Project Management or Project Lead experience, and 1 or more years of leadership experience
• Bachelor's degree in any number of related fields including Computer Science, Game Development, Business. A Master's degree
• Excellent knowledge of production life cycle, tools and programs planning.
• Experience in a Scrum / Agile software development environment. Scrum Master Certification.
• Perforce, and Visio
• Experience working on console development
• experience working with broad teams.
• mediation and conflict resolution skills
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.