Los Angeles, CA
We are DICE Los Angeles
DICE LA was founded in 2013 with a mission to create outstanding entertainment, and to do so in a manner that is different from the rest of the industry. We want to make great games and be great at making games.
What does that mean to you as a developer?
It means that you will have a creative stake in everything you do. We believe that we are all game makers, and everyone at our studio contributes to the goal of making amazing game experiences, regardless of role or title. We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career. We also firmly believe that we are at our best when we have the proper balance between work and life. To support this balance, we nurture a culture that aims to reach the highest productivity without crunch, and by making smart decisions when it comes to how we work and plan. Having a positive, inclusive studio culture is of extreme importance to us.
Our games reflect the means by which they are created. Games that are crafted in an inspiring atmosphere, with creativity, artistry and technology as their backbone, will capture the imagination of players around the world. We are looking for experienced developers like you, to join us in our mission to create amazing games and experiences, and to elevate ourselves and our craft.
We are looking for an experienced Development Manager who is passionate about both process and gaming, to provide daily production leadership to areas in one of our teams.
As a Development Manager, you are accountable for the day to day facilitating of the team's tasks, time, and resources. You are also responsible for supporting the team leads and Development Directors by:
• Tracking and communicating progress while striving for transparency
• Building and maintaining team schedules for the project and milestones
• Identifying and reporting risks and developing mitigations for them
• Resolving roadblocks for the team to enable them to do their best work
• Guiding continuous team improvement through retrospectives and motivation
You are not satisfied with task completion alone but are an advocate for quality while still caring for and protecting your team.
You are someone who brings the following skills and experience to our studio:
• Passion about managing creative teams
• 2+ years of experience working as a project/team manager
• 2+ years of experience working in creative tech environment; AAA game development ideal
• Understanding of various development methodologies, Agile/Scrum/Kanban/Lean/Waterfall
• Experience releasing at least one game/product while in a project/team management role
• Background in Computer Science, QA Leadership, Production or equivalent
• Experience with various tools, e.g. Jira, Hansoft, Perforce, MS Office, etc.
• Understanding of the complexities and requirements of game production and how to manage them
• Willingness to provide hands on support to elevate the team's productivity
• Experience working with internal and external teams
• Possession of many conflict resolution tools
• Comfortable talking across all levels of an organization
• Ability to know the status of your project and can visualize that status for any audience
• Ability to motivate and inspire the team
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1o10e-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.