Development Manager (9 month contract) Electronic Arts Helsinki, Finland
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
Tracktwenty is Electronic Arts mobile game studio based in the centre of Helsinki. The studio brings SimCity BuildIt to tablet and mobile and the game has more than 200 million installs to date. As well as growing SimCity BuildIt, the studios passionate team of programmers, artists, designers, marketers and analysts are working to create the next big hit to come out of Finland for EA Mobile.
• You will work with the Leads, Producers, and Development Directors to establish and communicate project goals, plans, and milestones to the project team.
• You will foster a collaborative relationship with each member of the development team.
• You will invite everyone in the team to participate in the planning.
• You will motivate the team and help keep all members of the team focused on the goals.
• You will identify problems and roadblocks to ensure project goals and milestones can be met.
• You will manage change requests and advice partners on their effect on delivery, budget and resourcing.
• You will monitor development processes and methodology and identify ways to improve efficiency.
• At least one title launched as a part of game development team or solid experience as a Project Manager.
• Experience organising and accomplishing projects on time, and at the expected level of quality.
• Experience interpreting design documents and project schedules to establish and communicate scope.
• Passion for playing and making games and an excellent understanding of what makes them fun.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum 3 years game industry experience in any discipline (programming, art, production, audio, testing or other)
• Minimum 2 year project management or team leadership experience.
• Knowledge of Software Development methodologies (e.g. Agile) and tools (e.g. JIRA, Hansoft or similar).
• An understanding of several disciplines that go into game development such as programming, art, design and audio.
• Mediation and conflict resolution skills.
At Tracktwenty, we excel at outrageous thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We're a community of artists, storytellers, technologists and pioneers working in one of the most dynamic industries around.
We've built a fun, productive and passionate team who are rewarded with great compensation packages and benefits such as shares, pension scheme, healthcare, gym contribution, free games and endless snacks and drinks in the office!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb7mee-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.