EA SPORTS & Racing is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS & Racing creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC.
The Advanced Technology Group is part of the EA SPORTS Tech organization, focused on developing cutting edge game features and engine enhancements in close collaboration with game and engine dev teams. You will be part of a cross-functional team tackling a variety of technical challenges beginning from proof of concept to implementation for titles across EA. An essential priority for this group is to partner with the Frostbite team, our Game teams, and our central art team to create meaningful user facing experiences and content workflow improvements.
A Development Director manages a variety of disciplines including artists, designers, software engineers, QA, and other production staff. DD's are the keepers of the project schedule and play an important role in successfully moving the development team from one project phase to the next while ensuring a focus on quality, collaboration and communication. You will partner with technical leaders and producers to ensure the project is managed on time, to quality, and within budget. You will report to and collaborate with the Development Director of the Advanced Technology Group.
• Build and evolve effective teams; identify resourcing needs, provide challenges and development opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential
• You will build working relationships with the immediate team, and those outside of the immediate team that have an effect on project completion
• Provide line management to employees across departments and within a single project team
• You will communicate regularly with the project team and coordinate dependencies with external partners
• Participate in the hiring process to ensure candidates meet project requirements
• You will establish and assign tasks from defined project goals; achieve project deliverables through managing a team at a project-level (e.g. Franchise-wide level)
• You will proactively mitigate risk for assigned scope and quality
• Establish an overall project schedule based on the individual task estimates for production and determine the resource requirements to meet the task requirements
• Establish a project budget, determine task dependencies, and assign tasks to team resources
• Minimum of 4 years project management or team leadership experience, with 4+ years of management experience working in a dynamic and collaborative team environment
• Experience in a Scrum / Agile software development environment
(Jira, MS Office Suite, or other project management tools)
• Experience communicating across all levels and organizations
• Experience in project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk80e8-44-200-82-149-42 in your application.