Development Director II - Software Quality Assurance (Mobile)
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together accomplished people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most rewarding work of their careers.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
We are looking for a very experienced person who is passionate about driving software and game quality to lead our mobile sports titles based in our Vancouver studio.
You will provide strategic and operational leadership for the Quality Verification (QV) department, made up of Management, Quality Design, Engineering and Analytics. This multi-discipline department is a component of the development and live services for our mobile sports franchises. You will report to the Senior Development Director for mobile sports QV.
Your primary Strategic responsibilities will be:
• Help shape the future vision for the mobile sports QV teams in Vancouver
• Partner with the studio development discipline leaders to promote software industry quality best practices.
• Guide and develop changes to talent, skills and practices to accomplish operational and strategic goals
• Support and champion the existing creative culture
• Promote evolution of QV practices across EA Mobile titles
• Identify opportunities for sharing practices, tools and analytics across Vancouver, EA Mobile and the rest of EA
Your primary Operational responsibilities will be:
• Oversee active projects and live services
• Budget and headcount planning
• Overall project risk assessment and status communication to EA Mobile leadership
Your primary People Management responsibilities will be:
• People manage franchise owners
• Coordinate talent management and succession planning
• Help develop leaders across all disciplines
• Monitor and evolve talent skill mix, using training and active recruitment plans and strategies
• Promote a culture of diversity and inclusion
Experiences and Capabilities:
• Experience leading and growing large multi-discipline teams
• Excellent partner management skills
• Understand software quality assurance and software development practices
• Track record leading teams focused on continuous improvement
• Project management skills
• Experience with automated testing
• Commercial awareness - the ability to view situations from a commercial or business perspective
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great benefits and compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5k3z1-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.