Art Director - Madden
''Who is EA Capital Games?''
We're a mobile game studio located in Midtown Sacramento, home to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, the most successful Star Wars mobile game ever released, charting as the #1 grossing game in over 35 countries, and one of the Top 40 grossing games in the entire world across Apple and Google.
Collectively, we are a close-knit group of passionate gamers, passionate about the creation of genre-defining mobile RPGs, and the vibrant live services necessary to support them.
While walking the halls of our brand-new 31,000 sqft studio, you'll hear the cacophony of epic console competitions, lively debates, and the rattle of dice thrown across a game board. Game nights, happy hours, weekend adventures, and a dog friendly atmosphere are all elements of who we are.
We've also developed a work-from-home process and are sensitive to the safety and well-being of our team. This opens up new opportunities for employees to work remotely.
Development Directors manage a variety of disciplines including artists, designers, software engineers, QA and other production staff. DD's are the keepers of the project schedule and help move the development team from one project phase to the next while ensuring a focus on quality, collaboration and communication. You will partner with project producers and directors to ensure that they are managing the project on time, to quality, and within budget.
The Development Director for Art applies these skills directly to the Art discipline within the studio and works directly with the team and Art Director to manage personnel, the project schedule and art deliverables, pipelines and workflows.
You will report into the Lead Development Director of Art.
• Oversee the full operational aspects of the art department, including establishing development framework, reporting, risk management, capacity planning, resource management and ensuring the team has the best organizational structure, processes and practices
• Establish and assign task goals, ensuring quality asset deliverables within project schedule and recognizing and balancing priorities across two development teams
• Partner with production to manage scope and quality of the Art team and proactively assess and mitigate risk for assigned scope
• Prioritize and resolve issues through creative problem-solving skills
• Work with the project leadership and art team to establish the art strategy to meet feature and content milestones and deliverables.
• Make improvements and establish new ways of thinking with a goal of reducing waste and increasing predictability.
• Establish regular communication with team, important partners and IP licensors to coordinate dependencies and provide project status updates.
• Be responsible for managing and coaching an art team; Contribute to recruiting efforts, onboarding new hires, and retention of talent
• Provide line management to employees within the discipline
• 5 years project management or team leadership experience on AAA game franchises or similar software development projects.
• Experience managing a project with Agile project management principles and practices.
• You will work on complex problems where analysis of situations requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
• Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
• Familiarity with JIRA
• Knowledge of art asset workflows and content creation pipelines a plus.
• We ask that you have experience building rapport across multiple partners and influence within the studio, centralized EA partners and Licensed IP partners.
''Tell me about Sacramento.''
Sacramento hosts an approachable metropolitan lifestyle, where home can be established for anyone from the singleton who wants to live downtown, to the family whose top priorities are a yard and great schools, all within a reasonable commute to our studio. The city fosters a vibrant urban culture through weekend street festivals, professional sports teams, bustling farmer's markets, wonderful eateries, and award-winning craft breweries and coffee roasters. If connecting with nature is more your vibe, the Sierras are in our backyard in addition to many local hiking and biking trails.
''What's in it for me?''
Glad you asked! We love to brag about our great perks like free food, hosted happy hours, annual camping adventures, comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, company matched retirement, and many others! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.