EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. EA SPORTS NHL has revolutionized sports gaming for tens of millions of players around the world, pioneering award-winning and creative technology and experiences that connect players to the speed, skill, and creativity of the NHL.
The EA SPORTS NHL franchise is founded on passion and new ideas. Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, the team is composed of remarkable talent on a mission to accomplish on-ice experiences that connect gamers around the world through play. If you're a creative pioneer with a passion for your craft, you will have the chance to turn a job into something you love.
Reporting to a Senior Development Director, a Development Director manages a variety of disciplines including artists, designers, software engineers, QA, and other production staff. DD's are the keepers of the project schedule and play an important role in moving the development team from one project phase to the next while ensuring collaboration and communication. You will partner with producers to ensure that they are managing the project on time, to quality, and within budget.
• Build and evolve effective teams; identify resourcing needs, provide challenges and development opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential
• You will build working relationships with the immediate team, and those outside of the immediate team that have an effect on project completion
• Provide line management to employees across departments and within a single project team
• You will communicate regularly with the project team and coordinate dependencies with external partners
• Participate in the hiring process to ensure candidates meet project requirements
• You will establish and assign tasks from defined project goals; achieve project deliverables through managing a team at a project-level (e.g. Franchise-wide level)
• You will proactively mitigate risk for assigned scope and quality
• Establish an overall project schedule based on the individual task estimates for production and determine the resource requirements to meet the task requirements
• Establish a project budget, determine task dependencies, and assign tasks to team resources
• Minimum of 8 years project management or team leadership experience, with 4+ years of management experience working in a dynamic and collaborative team environment
• University degree, Bachelors, or equivalent professional experience
• Experience communicating across all levels and organizations
• Experience in project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv5820-44-201-96-43-42 in your application.