Empowering players to create is an exciting future for the gaming industry. At Electronic Arts we have many examples of players creating content, whether it be a skateboard park in Skate or fantastical mansions in the Sims 4. The future definitely has our players being more empowered to create with their imagination being the only limit.
To enable more players to become creators, we are looking for a Development Director that will support and facilitate the creation of technology that powers creation. If you have experience with managing services for central teams and connecting multiple services together we want to hear from you.
You will work with an experienced team that has collectively built and worked on games and backend services for more than two decades. You will work with multiple developers to bring the next game services to life. And you will partner and communicate with other central and game teams to work together on common technology goals.
• Manage a variety of disciplines including artists, designers, software engineers, QA, and other production staff.
• You are the keeper of the project schedule and play an important role in supporting the development team from one project phase to the next while ensuring quality, collaboration, and communication.
• You will partner with central business leaders and partner project teams to ensure that they are managing the project on time, top quality, and within budget
• Build and evolve effective team; identify resourcing needs, provide challenges and developmental opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential.
• Provide line management to employees across diverse skillsets within a single project team
• Regular communication with the project team and coordinates dependencies with external partners
• Establish and assign work from defined project goals; achieve project deliverables through managing a team at a project or sub-project level.
• Organize planning, scrum, and sprint retrospective sessions with their team in an Agile development framework
• Assessment and mitigation of risks for areas of ownership
• Partner with core project teams to manage scope and quality
• Establish a project budget, determine task dependencies, resource requirements and assign tasks to team resources
• 8+ years project management or team leadership experience
• Education requirement University degree Bachelors or equivalent professional experience
• Demonstrate a high level of written and verbal communication across all levels and organizations.
• Experience in various project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnk9bm-3-235-191-87-42 in your application.