Report to Studio Director of EA Create Shanghai.
The EA Create Shanghai studio is looking for an experienced, energetic and fun-loving individual to join our leadership team and help create EA's next big AAA title.
EA Create Shanghai is a center for distributed development across EA's game studios where we get to work on popular franchises such as Battlefield, Apex Legends, Need for Speed, Plants vs. Zombies, EA Sports and many more. We strive to provide game studio partners with high quality art production solutions while focusing on refining and expanding our studio capabilities.
The Operations Manager is responsible for cross organizational operations and project management at EA Create Shanghai studio. You will be the participate in strategic decisions across all studio initiatives while developing plans and implementing these plans to deliver the desired results.
Our leadership team is composed of experienced game developers from all over the world. We are an international group and we aim to create a fun work culture and environment worthy of a top-notch global game company. We actively promote staff-driven culture initiatives such as photography club, studio parties, bike riding club, tabletop games, Friday happy hours etc. to improve intra-studio communication and relationships between project teams.
• Manage all local contracts including stakeholder reviews with Create, legal, accounting, and tax
• Manage all training initiatives as from planning, scheduling, to tracking and improvements
• Support studio leadership to oversee studio-wide standards development and reporting
• Oversee all studio-wide events
• Manage and track studio budgets (purchases, reconcile actuals, and reporting)
• POC between EA Create and EA China for policy alignment and operational alignment
• Support studio leadership on resourcing, talent acquisition, and retention initiatives
• Support DDs on capacity planning and tracking
• Support Art Production:
• • Prioritize tasks to minimize bottlenecks while ensuring the production pipeline matches with the needs of the game studios;
• Identify project risks through regular monitoring of production status, team morale and communication channels; call out project risks and create mitigation plans before they become an issue;
• Managing through change request process by clearly communicating to project stakeholders the nature of the change request, the cost of changes and the prioritization of the changes;
• Identify and mitigate attrition risks;
• 3+ years of project management or operations management experience. PMP Certification (or Scrum certification) an asset;
• Excellent process mindset and strong documentation ability, previous process reengineering experience an added advantage;
• Solid Project Management software experience including but not excluding to: JIRA, Confluence, Shotgun, SharePoint, Visio or other visualization and diagramming tools;
• Strong communication skills across all levels of an organization, mediation and conflict resolution; Enjoy team setting and successful experience building strong working relationship with remote locations and global teams;
• People management experience with performance tracking and career development planning
• Fluent in English and Mandarin;
• Previous vendor management experience in distributed development is a big plus
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.