EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio, and technology to life. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers, and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound, and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture, and craft.
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
A Development Director (DD), is responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of a game feature on time and within budget. The DD oversees the project schedule, hiring, and manages the team to deliver to a high standard
• Manages a development team consisting of Animators and Artists while working across feature development teams to lock down requirements and specifications.
• Anticipates bottlenecks, provide management escalation, project prioritization, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and drive initial partner deployments.
• Identifies task-related processes to improve efficiency
• Focuses on the immediate team and identifies team issues and suggests solutions related to execution goals.
• Ensures the setup of each project meets the specifications with Studio.
• Provides regular status reporting and capacity plan updates.
• Tracks and implements project improvement plans to drive team efficiency.
• Defines engagement practices and processes: Ensure all workflow is clearly defined, processes are documented, and staff trained in expectations on the workflow.
• Mentors individual contributors within the project team
• Ensures all have professional development plans. Conducts regular one-on-ones.
What skills does EA look for?
An EA Development Director is expected to have at a minimum: 7 years of experience in a software development environment, 5 years of Project Management or Project Lead experience, and 2-3 years of leadership experience
• Bachelor's degree in any number of related fields including Computer Science, Art, Game Production/Development, Business, etc... A Master's degree is a plus
• Excellent knowledge of production life cycle, tools, processes, and execution planning.
• Experience in a Scrum / Agile software development environment. Scrum Master Certification is desired.
• Proficient with MS Word, MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Perforce, and Visio
• Experience working on console development would be a plus
• Demonstrated experience in working with broad cross-functional teams.
• Strong negotiation, mediation, and conflict resolution skills
• Effective communication skills across all levels of an organization
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqo369-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.