EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com.
Reporting to a Senior Development Director, a Development Director (DD) manages a variety of disciplines in QA including Quality Designers, Software Engineers and other managers. DD's are the keepers of the project schedule and play an important role in successfully moving the Development team from one project phase to the next, while ensuring a focus on quality, collaboration and communication. You will partner with Producers, Development Directors, and Technical Directors to ensure that they are managing the project on time, to quality, and within budget.
• Build and evolve effective teams; identify resourcing needs, provide challenges and development opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential
• You will build working relationships with the immediate team, and those outside of the immediate team that have an effect on project completion
• Provide line management to employees across departments and within a single project team
• You will communicate regularly with the project team and coordinate dependencies with external partners
• Participate in the hiring process to ensure candidates meet project requirements
• You will establish and assign tasks from defined project goals; achieve project deliverables through managing a team at a project-level (e.g. franchise-wide level)
• You will proactively mitigate risk for assigned scope and quality
• Establish an overall project schedule based on the individual task estimates for production and determine the resource requirements to meet the task requirements
• Establish a project budget, determine task dependencies, and assign tasks to team resources
• Minimum of 8 years project management or team leadership experience, with 4+ years of management experience working in a dynamic and collaborative team environment
• University degree, bachelors, or equivalent professional experience
• Experience communicating across all levels and organizations
• Experience in project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
• Experience in aligning processes and focus for delivering quality
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8pbkx-44-200-112-172-42 in your application.