Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
We're EA-the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles- Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don't know how we're committed to creating games for every platform-from social to mobile to console-to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
As EA's first label dedicated to purely digital games, EA Mobile creates games for mobile devices, social networks and online environments that deliver seamless play anytime, anywhere, on any device. Connecting a market of more than one billion core and mass-casual gamers worldwide, EA Mobile delivers engaging, accessible, high-quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
The EA Mobile portfolio encompasses some of the most recognizable entertainment brands in the world, including titles such as The Simpsons, Tetris Blitz, SCRABBLE, MONOPOLY, Plants vs Zombies 2, Real Racing 3, Dungeon Keeper as well as online games destination Pogo.com.
The Hyderabad office represents one of EA Mobile's largest development organizations with more than 700 passionate mobile game experts involved in game development, testing, production and distribution. The game development studio is a team within this organization that is committed to building and running live services for some of EA's top games.
Our vision is to be EA Mobile's center of excellence for Live Services and help grow the footprint of casual games in the market. Here are the values we truly believe in:
Tenacity – Hunger to prove yourself and keep pushing the boundary
Ownership – Get things done
Passion – Passionate about the art of making games
Collaboration – Great things are not done by an individual but by a team of highly motivated folks
Alchemy – Create magic in everything you do
Preparedness for this role:
• Prior experience as a delivery-focused Game Producer or equivalent Project Manager delivering games
• Ability to manage large project teams over-development cycles of varied periods of time
• Solid understanding of project management practices and process including Scrum and Kanban
• Experience building and maintaining high performing teams, with an emphasis on empowerment
• Experience working with external partners to deliver on projects
• Passionate about games or media in general, and an avid learner of new skills
• Manage various disciplines, including artists, designers, software engineers, development managers, and other production staff.
• You have oversight over the project development process and play an important role in supporting the development team from one project phase to the next while ensuring quality, collaboration, and communication.
• You will partner with central business leaders and partner project teams to ensure that they are managing the project on time, to expected quality levels, and within budget
• Build and evolve an efficient team; identify resourcing needs, provide challenges and developmental opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential.
• Regular communication with the project team and coordinates dependencies with external partners
• Establish and assign work from defined project goals; achieve project deliverables through managing a team at a project or sub-project level.
• Organize planning, scrum, and sprint retrospective sessions with their team in an Agile development framework
• Assessment and mitigation of risks for areas of ownership
• Partner with core project teams to manage scope and quality
• 8+ years working as a project manager, with experience leading multiple distributed scrum teams
• 5+ years of experience working in a Software Development industry, and you have released multiple solutions while seeing them through all phases of the development life cycle.
• Have experience managing all teams, distributed across multiple different time zones.
• Have many conflict resolution tools in your tool belt.
• The ability to talk across all levels of an organization
• The ability to always know the status of your project and can visualize that status for any audience.
• Conflict resolutions skills
• Experience effective management of senior engineering resources
• Experience delivering live services
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyxn10-3-236-239-91-42 in your application.