Software Engineer - Infrastructure
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning innovation, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences dedicated to growing the love of sports. EA SPORTS creates authentic, immersive, and fun experiences that invite a diverse audience of players to create, connect, compete, and self-express through industry-leading sports videogames and live services, including FIFA, Madden NFL, NHL, NBA LIVE, and EA SPORTS UFC. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com.
The Challenge Ahead
EA Sports Madrid is looking for a Development Director II to help run the operations of development for the location. The EA Sports Studio has been active in Spain since October 2018 and is already home to 50+ developers and growing. We are proud makers of AAA EA Sports games focusing on engineering, design and production for current and new platforms. This role would be the main point of contact for all operations related responsibilities, accounting for improving and strategizing with the Studio Director.
• Establish and oversee execution on the product roadmap and goals for one or multiple AAA games.
• Create new processes on Facilitation of day-to-day, ways of working and career management.
• Help establish the current and future resource planning strategy for the Studio.
• Main operations POC for internal operations partners, assessing risk and providing regular status updates of overall studio projects.
• Oversee career planning of managerial staff as well maintaining a great culture to work in.
• Ensure all workflows are clearly defined, processes are documented, and staff trained.
What skills does EA look for?
• A Development Director II will have:
• 10 years of experience in project management preferably in the videogame industry. Of those, at least 4 years in a senior leadership role.
• Bachelor's degree in any number of related fields.
• Excellent knowledge of AAA production life cycle, tools, processes and execution planning.
• Experience in a Scrum / Agile software development environment.
• Demonstrated experience in working with broad and remote teams.
• Mediation and conflict resolution skills.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
Since we realize it takes outstanding people to make excellent games, we offer great benefits packages and a culture powered by creativity and passion. You will also get a benefit package that includes medical and life insurance, pension plan, meal vouchers, stocks programs, fitness reimbursement, flex benefit program…and of course, free video games.
• Click hereif you want to know more about our location
• ease check out our digital magazine for more information about Living in Spain
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.