Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, is a Los Angeles-based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
Our Ethos: We value how ideas take shape - in a conversation, a prototype, a dream. Inspiration flows through our studio, homes, and minds. With one drop of inspiration, the idea begins to spread and the smallest idea quickly grows to something bigger than us. That's by design. As with our games, we are advancing the industry - one idea at a time. We are Ripple Effect.
Our Values: We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We seek developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
We are looking for a Design Director like you to join us in our mission to create amazing games and experiences, and to elevate ourselves and our craft. This role will report to our Studio Design Line Director. We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates who are within a three hour time difference to the Pacific Time Zone to apply.
• Define the design direction within the creative constraints and project requirements
• Collaborate with other project leads to set clear objectives and priorities for the design
• Ensure all Design Documentation is delivered on time, is detailed enough for accurate estimation and all impacted parties have been able to review and influence as necessary.
• Continuously drive understanding, alignment and excitement for the vision within the team and with external partners
• Inspire, guide and mentor designers on the team in the pursuit of strong, creative designs implemented to the highest quality
• Provide and solicit feedback from all stakeholders and team members in a graceful, constructive manner, with suggestions and solutions for improvement to both process and project
• Collaborate closely with Experience Design to incorporate feedback from research, playtest data, and community feedback to forge an outstanding player experience
• Be accountable for the project quality targets as well as the results achieved
• 5+ years of experience leading game teams, defining design direction, and taking games from concept to completion
• FPS and/or live service experience
• Passion for playing and making games, with a deep understanding of what makes them fun
• Understanding of mass-market appeal, and the ability to innovate within it
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process, we may ask you to complete a practical work exercise. Apply online with a resume.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyx1nk-3-238-204-31-42 in your application.