At Maxis, creator of The Sims™, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best life simulation games in the world. We're innovators and great storytellers. But it's not just about amazing your peers-it's about amazing yourself and our fans. Take risks, collaborate with brilliant minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can impact millions of players every day.
As a Data Scientist on The Sims franchise, you'll be handed the keys to massive volumes of player behavioral data and responsible for maintaining, iterating on, and developing data products that meaningfully inform game design, feature prioritization, and product development.
You'll be working with a large but tight-knit studio of enthusiastic industry craftspeople from all walks of life. You'll also join a group of experienced data scientists, analysts, and data engineers as a member of the embedded-and-dedicated Studios Data and Insights (SDI) team.
The Sims 4 has an extremely unique player base, attracting a large, young, female-skewing audience. If you're excited about creating the best possible experience for these players, come join us!
• Research and implement AI/ML approaches to drive greater personalization of the player experience, and to facilitate game makers' decision making;
• Analyze and develop explanatory, predictive, and prescriptive models using appropriate mathematical methods like Bayesian statistics, time-series analysis, supervised and unsupervised machine learning methods, semantic analysis, and natural language processing;
• Partner in the data engineering process, including data source and feature identification and integration, feature engineering, and data pipelining. Use code driven methods to translate your work from research into production, scaling to millions of players;
• Derive actionable insights from data and communicate them throughout the organization in a clear, concise way;
• Learn, implement and share new methodologies with our broader team.
• 3+ years' hands on experience in a data science role working on digital products. Time spent building, validating and deploying predictive models and algorithms. Preference for experience with some of the following techniques:
• Matrix factorization, collaborative filtering, k-means clustering, hierarchical clustering, bag of words models, TFIDF, random forest, linear regression, logistic regression, neural networks
• Master's degree in a quantitative field
• Expert-level SQL
• Demonstrated experience with Python and/or R
• Accustomed to using data to test ideas rigorously and objectively
• Fast learner; views challenges as opportunities; tenacious and focused
• Understands the importance of good documentation and transferability of knowledge
• Evangelist for data democratization and empowerment of non-technical partners
• Able to create compelling communications and translate complex technical topics to non-technical partners
• Experience with any of the following is a big plus:
• Application deployment using AWS, Virtual Machines, Airflow, Docker
• Demonstrated experience collaborating with engineering partners
• Familiarity with Snowflake
• Familiarity with Looker
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvkpv0-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.