EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling video game franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences.
The Challenge Ahead:
As a Data Scientist you will help improve our Madden NFL franchise through the personalization of the player experience. You are a technically-oriented individual, knowledgeable of how to use data and experimentation to solve product problems. You report to a central analytics and data science team, but work directly with producers, designers, product managers on the Madden team to directly influence game design to create an ever more dynamic player journey in our titles.
What a Data Scientist does at EA:
• Translate business and product questions into ethical and mathematically sound experiments.
• Understand how to use principles of machine learning to help learn and tune in game experiences while understanding their consequences.
• Build models, analyses, and reports that support and grow our understanding of the gameplay experience, partnering with producers, designers, and other data scientists.
• Document and present analysis and modeling projects, methodologies, and conclusions to both peers and partners.
• Support peers with technical reviews, ensuring quality coding and deployment practices.
• MS or greater in a field such as Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Statistics.
• 2 or more years of experience in data science, analytics, or a related area in a consumer products-oriented industry.
• SQL skills, including experience querying complex data sets such as platforms like Apache Hive.
• Experience developing statistical and machine learning models using languages like Python, R, or Ruby.
• Experience with experimental design and the determination of the statistical significance of findings.
• Knowledge of programming best practices, version control, and automation.
• Experience presenting and prioritizing with people at multiple levels of business and technical expertise.
We love to celebrate our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, of course, free video games and more!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjvyv0-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.