As part of the Analytics Solutions team, you will report directly to the architect and you will help improve the end-to-end analytics warehouse used to depict player evolution year-over-year in AAA-titles. You will engage with a wider range of partners including game studios and the EA business to capture requirements and create logical and physical data models. You will also help identify data sources and document and maintain the data landscape to ensure validity and correct definition. You will also provide high-level expertise on the analytics platform and telemetry data and share your knowledge with our partners to help them get the most value out of their analytics projects.
• Work with Data Architect and partners to understand business requirements, create data definitions, business rules, data quality requirements, and logical and physical models, then support implementation within the data platform by working with the data solution architect, other data modelers, data and infrastructure engineers.
• Assess and design of data architecture components (data model, mapping, data flows, transformations, interfaces) to make sure they are well integrated and aligned with the data and technical architecture.
• Map data from source to target; prepare and manage data models for multiple components of the data platform.
• Develop a detailed knowledge of the underlying data assets and data products and provide subject matter expertise on content, current and potential future uses of data.
• Work with cross-functional teams to understand and translate analytical and reporting requirements into curated data models and drive to completion with data engineers.
• Participate in building a modern approach to Data Warehousing and the BI Platform to support self-service, machine learning and model development.
• Be aware of security requirements, implications and the need to enforce standards.
• 3 or more years of experience with data warehousing, data management and business intelligence, within large-scale data management systems.
• Customer-oriented with excellent communication skills (in-person and remotely) with the ability to describe complex information and designs.
• Strong technical understanding of data modelling, design and architecture principles and techniques across master data, transaction data and derived data.
• Working knowledge with data integration from different data sources incl. Snowflake, Presto, and BigQuery.
• Experience in and eagerness to document all design decisions, with data modelling and wiki tools.
• Familiarity with video game data domain and its life cycle.
• Working knowledge in the areas of Reference Data, Data Quality, Metadata Management.
• Experienced with version control systems and code review processes.
• Knowledge of OLAP, columnar databases, MPP databases.
• Willingness to work with remote teams in different time zones around the world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d98zzz-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.