The Challenge Ahead
Your role as part of Studio Data Insights (SDI) will be to build last-mile global analytics solutions that depict player evolution year-over-year in titles such as Need For Speed, Battlefield and EA partner titles.
You will help build a platform to process petabytes of data into pipelines for user-facing environments and collaboratively compete for the industry-leading data program – all while serving needs of teams on the cutting edge of game development using DevOps methodologies.
What a Data Engineer does at EA
The Data Engineer will be a part of the development process of our digital platform. You will work collaboratively to implement the ETL process, tables and customised utilities that promote deeper understanding of our games.
• Maintain our core data infrastructure and ETL framework.
• Develop data sets to support reporting and exploratory analytics.
• Develop core tools and frameworks
• Assess and recommend available and new big data technologies.
• Contribute to post-implementation reviews demonstrating success.
• Suggest strategies to improve our data quality and development process.
What skills does the next great Data Engineer bring
• Be fluent in Python and SQL.
• Write clean, reusable code that can be used to scale applications.
• Have experience with any cloud-based databases like Snowflake, Redshift, Big Query.
• Are comfortable on the command-line and working with servers.
• Built and used CI/CD pipelines in the past.
• Comfortable working with a multi-functional team, both locally and remote.
• Experience in ETL processes, data mining and data warehousing.
What additional skills would be an advantage
• Basic knowledge of other languages such as Java, Scala and C#.
• Have used Docker, dbt, orchestration tools such as Apache Airflow.
• Bring a 'if it can be automated, it will be automated' mentality.
• Experience adapting purpose-built applications into cloud and on-premises platforms.
• Spent time throttling multiple systems to achieve target performance for SLAs.
• Understand the physical and logical design of cloud-native databases such as Snowflake.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d28zw6-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.