Senior Java Software Engineer - Social Platform
Redwood City, CA
Data Analyst (Maxis/Mobile)
EA Maxis is one of the leading entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform, digital experiences we create connected experiences for gamers worldwide.
The Challenge Ahead:
As a Data Analyst you will focus on data within the Mobile/Maxis team, identifying patterns, risk and opportunity. You are curious and creative with a passion for diving into our data. Can work with our partners along with a tool belt of advanced technical knowledge with SQL and Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets).
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• You will report to the Analytics Manager and partner with your game team to design interactive and real-time dashboards and provide insights to influence game quality through data-informed insights
• Assemble data from multiple sources, conduct analyses, perform research, designs, documents and implement analytical solutions
• You develop scripts and queries to import, manipulate, clean, and transform data from different sources
• You present analysis conclusions to the game team in a clear, understandable, and valuable way. Tell compelling stories supported by data using Power BI
• You oversee your active project, always looking for new problems to solve and new concepts to implement
• You build metrics reporting systems and track process improvements across the team
• You converse with your team members and partners
• Build necessary relationships across the data analyst community, to share knowledge
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
• 3+ years in a past analytical role that involved thinking of big pictures, suggesting changes to process, identifying risks and potential opportunities for data improvement
• 3+ years' experience building dashboards in PowerBI or Tableau, developing data models and data visualization techniques for charts and reports
• Expert SQL skills including experience querying complex data sets, NoSQL and elastic search is a bonus
• Data Analysis - good knowledge of R language, MS Excel mastery, including VBA, PivotTables, and array functions - or similar tools used for discovering data patterns and correlations through statistical methods
• University degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research, etc.)
• You are creative when approaching challenges and solving problems
• Good math and critical thinking including statistics, simulation, and optimization
• Ideally would have worked in an Agile environment with multiple partners
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.