Our Motive is to create innovative action games within iconic worlds where every player feels like the hero. Let's say that again-iconic worlds, where every player feels like the hero.
Our passion has taken us from imagining dogfighter pilots in Star Wars™: Squadrons, to re-creating Isaac Clarke onboard the Ishimura in Dead Space™, and now to building an original Iron Man action-adventure video game.
We believe in sharing our passion with our community, and with each other by having transparent discussions, by practicing an inclusive culture, and by nurturing a continuous growth mindset. Our approach feels simple, but it leads to the best work of our careers, and as a team, building unique and immersive experiences.
Motive is looking for a Senior Gameplay Designer with a deep passion and understanding for gameplay to drive spectacular boss battles and action set pieces in our Iron Man project. You will join a team of gameplay designers who report to the Lead Gameplay Designer.
• Be the owner of the player experience for boss battles and action set pieces, supervising their design, implementation, and overall feeling
• Craft memorable bosses and exotic gameplay sequences that realize the creative vision
• Work with animation, art, audio, design, programming, and visual effects to develop your features to a high level of quality
• Create new features and content using our tools
• Research and write design documents
• Guide and mentor other Gameplay Designers on related topics
• Communicate the game's design to the team
• Incorporate ideas and feedback from across the team and utilize player testing to improve your features
• Give concise and helpful feedback to help improve all aspects of the game
• Use prototyping to learn and prove the design
• Contribute to the development of tools and design processes to improve how we work
• 10 + years of design experience developing video games
• Design credits on at least two titles where you were responsible for major parts of the design of enemy AI, combat systems, or bosses
• Experience working hands-on with a game engine to implement your designs
• Knowledge of recent action games and trends in the market, passion for the genre, and the ability to apply insights from them
• A relentless focus on the player experience
• Unreal Engine experience is a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz23yq-18-206-194-21-42 in your application.