Los Angeles, CA
Competitive Quality Designer – Apex Legends Competitive Gaming
Based in Chatsworth, CA
Reports to Lead Product Manager - Apex Legends CGE
We are building a team to improve competitive gaming for Apex Legends globally. We are looking for passionate individuals with the imagination to lead in the industry. Together we will inspire the world to play competitively and make stars of all our players.
An essential part of the team is the Competitive Quality Designer. You'll focus on the quality level and integrity of Apex Legends competitive gaming. Your collaborative mindset will strengthen partnerships with the development team and third-party partners to ensure that all tournaments run smoothly. You'll join a tightly integrated team that crafts strategies to grow the business and drive player and viewer engagement.
• Ensure the technology supporting the Apex Legends Global Series is well maintained, stable, secure, and ready for competition
• Manage bug entry, verification, reproduction, and prioritization
• Report on game issues
• Provide onsite and remote support of online and offline events
• Develop and document best practices for managing online and offline event pre-production, setup, and troubleshooting
• Contribute to equipment setup, support, and teardown at offline events
• Partner with the QA, Development, and readiness teams and the competitive Apex Legends community
• 2+ years of video game quality assurance, quality control, or testing or technical event production experience
• Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Passion for technology and creating solutions using technology
• Ability to build strong working relationships built on mutual trust
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Availability to work on call, work on weekends, and travel internationally
• Passion for Apex Legends or Competitive Gaming
• Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Microsoft XDK, and Sony PlayStation 4 SDK
• Esports experience
• Fluency in more than 1 language
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.