Senior UX Researcher
Los Angeles, CA
We are Electronic Arts' Marketing and Commercial Organization (MCO). Our teams build meaningful relationships with hundreds of millions of players around the world who love our games. We aim to be the best at meeting players where they are and supporting them throughout their journey with EA. Our teams develop the strategic vision of our products, run outstanding multi-channel campaigns, build global engagement across all touch points, develop global insights, and propel sales and global publishing. We understand the dynamic global landscape so we can bring relevant content, promotions, and help to players anywhere. We foster an environment where our teams create the most amazing work of their career while inspiring the world to play. Our Community Activation team is looking for a Community Manager to cater to the competitive gaming audience that surrounds Apex Legends. You will report into the Director of Social Channel Engagement as part of the central marketing organization, but will work primarily with the team at Respawn Entertainment.
• Develop and operationalize a multi-channel player management approach that caters to Apex Legends's competitive gaming players globally - pros and amateurs.
• Help shape the narrative around ALGS events across channels.
• Partner with Respawn and EA's production teams to produce the content necessary to communicate with players and support the relevant competitive activities.
• Share top conversation topics going on in the Apex Legends competitive gaming community to keep studio and marketing informed of priorities, situations, hot topics and trends.
• Build and socialize communications and editorial plans internally to align relevant marketing functions.
• Produce rich editorial coverage around ALGS/Apex Legends Competitive Gaming events.
• Publish the content and messaging of Apex Legends competitive gaming-related activations.
• Partner with Social Media, Competitive Gaming Division, Brand, Marcom and PR on overall integration of ALGS content into the Apex Legends franchise calendar.
• Ensure all Electronic Arts standards are observed and followed across all ALGS / Apex Legends Competitive gaming activations.
• Passion for video games and an understanding of Apex Legends or other BR/FPS games.
• 4+ years in the Gaming/Entertainment space with experience creating programs and active dialogue that have grown and nurtured the development studio/player relationship, preferably in the competitive gaming space.
• Spokesperson experience: comfortable speaking publicly and in front of large audiences.
• Understanding of digital and social media marketing in addition to appropriate metrics of success.
• Willingness to travel domestically and internationally, if necessary, and attend off-site events - depending on the evolution of the global COVID-19 situation.
As part of your application, please provide the below items in one document:
• An up-to-date resume
• A short write-up about your qualifications for the space and the role - we care to hear about the games you love playing and the things that inspire you outside of work.
• A PDF that showcases recent content / programs you are the most proud of with a sense of scale / impact / performance
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.