Community Engagement Specialist (12 Month - Contract)
Electronic Arts' Firemonkeys Studio in Melbourne, Australia is highly regarded throughout the industry as a leading mobile game studio. We release new meaningful updates on a regular basis for games such as Real Racing 3, The Sims FreePlay, Need for Speed, and The Sims Mobile.
The Community Engagement Specialist is a highly visible role that connects our game teams with our global player communities. A successful Community Engagement Specialist for this role will be able to leverage game expertise to engage players in conversation, report on community sentiment and drive strategic feedback collection to optimise game development and overall service retention. This important role will partner closely with our Firemonkeys studio and other cross-functional teams around the world to ensure a consistent, high quality user experience inside and outside of our games. This role reports into the Global Community Engagement Lead.
The Community Engagement Specialist has the following primary responsibilities:
• Be the voice of the community, maintain a tight two-way dialogue between players, studios, and stakeholders in supporting our live service games.
• Build close relationships between EA and top influencers, elite fans, and users.
• Be involved in campaign ideation for social calendar plans for each update across all games.
• Utilise the game's brand voice and maintain its accurate implementation and usage across core community channels.
• Conduct surveys, research, and feedback from the community on issues significantly impacting the experience.
• Ensure all Electronic Arts standards, policies, and processes are observed and followed.
• Regularly deliver Community reports on channel metrics, fan feedback, game issues, or service risks.
• Work closely with Customer Support and Live Service teams on forums moderation and overall player experience.
• Manage communications around game and live service issues: Bugs, Cheats, Outages, Support Issues.
• Manage the live service escalation processes for communications with all game stakeholders.
• Maintain a positive community reputation.
Desired skills and experience:
• A passion for the gaming industry.
• 1 - 2+ years experience working in online communities, social media, journalism, online marketing, or equivalent.
• Familiarity with tools such as Sprout Social and Synthesio.
• Demonstrated strong writing, grammar, and content-creation skills
• Strong knowledge of best practices for operating social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Discord, etc).
• Strategic and creative thinker with the ability to present new ideas effectively.
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented team player and quality driven.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Ability to objectively interpret customer/community feedback and make actionable recommendations.
• Solid understanding of Live Service operations and Development.
• Bachelor Degree in Communications or Marketing a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv5xx0-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.